Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving my '06 for the last 4 years, I still can't find any use for the 4 hooks on the center tray. Anyone know why Honda put these things on in the first place? Nothing seems to stay on them and the hooks are too low to the floor to do any good.

·
Registered
786 Posts
They are meant to secure shopping bags and purses. I've tried the shopping bag method, but it didn't work well. I haven't tried a purse, but they look a little too small. I guess I don't really use them either. Come to think of it, I now wish that had been an item deleted as a cost cutter over the years, rather than some of the other features. (seat-side cup holders, map pockets, leather third row etc.)

·
Super Moderator
13,931 Posts
We hang trash bags from 'em.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
dvpatel said:
We hang trash bags from 'em.
I tried that already, it's impossible to get one to stay on. As a matter of fact, nothing stays on them and I have tried quite a few things before giving up. Can't figure why they even put these things on the treay in the first place.

·
Super Moderator
13,931 Posts
jackrabbit000 said:
I tried that already, it's impossible to get one to stay on.
We re-use grocery bags as trash bags. We hang the bag by the carry handles. With a bit of trash, the bag is weighed down and we haven't had problems but I get what you're saying. Its fine fo rus as we don't put messy things or things that can spill so its fine for regular paper/wrappers/empty chips bags and what not. :)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cntrtwnltd said:
They are meant to secure shopping bags and purses. I've tried the shopping bag method, but it didn't work well. I haven't tried a purse, but they look a little too small. I guess I don't really use them either. Come to think of it, I now wish that had been an item deleted as a cost cutter over the years, rather than some of the other features. (seat-side cup holders, map pockets, leather third row etc.)
Ours is a '06 EXL-RES and we have the 3rd row leather seats. Are you saying that the newer models don't come with map pockets and leather on the 3rd row anymore?

·
Registered
14 Posts
jackrabbit000 said:
I tried that already, it's impossible to get one to stay on. As a matter of fact, nothing stays on them and I have tried quite a few things before giving up. Can't figure why they even put these things on the treay in the first place.
A well placed rubber band can help hold the sack in place!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Somewhere someone posted that these were to hold a Pen or Pencil.

I tried it once..a Bic pen fits pretty well in here, secure, but easy to remove if needed. Maybe that's what it's for?

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's for pens and small pencils guys.....

FWIW The IKEA pencil fits nice and snug in there. :) Next time @ IKEA pick one up, or two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts