Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on 2 waiting lists for EX-Ls:

* Dealer X was the first I found at MSRP so I put a deposit down on a GG for Jan delivery. Then found out the dealership had a so-so rep.
* After more searching I found Dealer Y who could get me a MB for Dec delivery. Put down a deposit but kept the deposit at dealer X anyway. You never know...

December rolls around and Dealer X calls and says, "Hey, your SS just came in!" When I said I had a GG in Jan they told me I was on the list for a SS. Then they pussy-footed around and said the SS came in first. If they had just called with "Good News - you can get a car early!" it would have been different. But why lie? I got my deposit back.

Dealer Y calls and I get cold feet on the MB. I can't write a check for $30m and not feel good about the light leather and my 20 month-old twins. So...

I call Friendly Honda -- 3rd largest dealer on the East Coast. I'm getting a GG in a week to 10 days! Maybe sooner - it's in transit. Wolfgang tells me they routinely get 1 to 2 cars over their allotment and I got lucky.

Christmas came early.

Dave

(He has 2 LXs on the lot)

[This message has been edited by Gettin'AVan (edited 12-07-2001).]

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got a call Saturday at 10am saying that the GG had come in after the close of business the night before. 8 hours after I made my call asking if they had one! They will deliver to the house Monday eve if we want but we will probably wait until Saturday so we can get it there - just in case...

I hope I haven't used up all of my good luck now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts