Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

The driver side vents are blowing hot air and the passenger side are blowing cold air. Both are at Sync and I put it in Auto. It's been like that for a while.

Mine is a 2007 EX-L RES. The dealer called me today and said my AC was low on freon and there seems to be leak but he could not find out. He said he put a dye to find about the leak and re-charged freon.

What should I be expecting now ?? Will the freon leak rapidly again so that they find a leak or they are just buying time for my warranty to run out ?? I have 7 yr Honda Care warranty.

If anybody has experienced the same pls. advise me or pls. share your thoughts.

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I am going to bump this for you and myself. I am currently test driving an '05 EX-L w/55k. I have the same problem w/divers side blowing hot but all others blowing cold. All of the setting are set to LO. I did not notice this during my initial test drive because it was in the morning and I did not even run the a/c till we were driving home later in the day. Still waiting for a call from the salesman but it will be tomorrow before we make a decision. Should I run away from deal now or purchase expecting to buy new condenser? Sorry to hi-jack your post but I'm desperate and I thought this might help both of us. Thanks in advance,
Brian
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,558 Posts
You two have the exact same issue so its not hijacking at all. If the freon is low and there's a leak, how does the dealer explain why the passenger side blows cold?

Hondacare covers the A/C so I don't think the dealer (at least in OP's case) is buying time for the warranty to run out.

This sounds odd but since the A/C temperature is electronically controlled, perhaps the driver side sensor for temperature is shot indicating to the system to route hotter air to maintain the temperature (yes even though the temp is on Synch it individually controls the temps of each vent). Also, since neither of you are looking at a Touring, the rear system keeps the temp of the driver side setting per the owner's manual. So, if the rear is blowing cold, at least that proves that the system readout is functional.

Did the dealer check the sensors? I would assume no. Perhaps you can try to have them test the driver temperature sensor?
 
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
here's how you can test to see the sensor inputs:

switch the ignition to off and while holding AUTO and recirculation button start the engine. Release after engine starts.

it will flash the sensor number and temperature in celcius.

press the rear window defogger button to toggle thru the sensors.

Sensor 1 :in car temp

2: outside temp

3:solar radiation sensor value : Dark =00, flashlight=04, cloudy=10, Sunny=65

4:Evaporator Outlet temperature

5: Driver's Air mix opening (Lower value indicated cold air distribution, higher value indicates warmer air)

6: Passenger's Air mix opening(Lower value indicated cold air distribution, higher value indicates warmer air)

7: Driver's vent temp

8:Rear In car Temp

9:Rear air mix (Lower value indicated cold air distribution, higher value indicates warmer air)

10: Rear vent temp
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,558 Posts
eneka said:

7: Driver's vent temp

#7 would be what OP Needs to look up.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Thanks for the quick response guys.. In my hast I did not take a temp reading of the air coming out of the vents. I have now done that along with the sensor inputs eneka mentioned. Looks as if there is a freon problem at least. Temp coming out of vents are 80 on drivers side, 70 on pass and rear vents. This is on auto, LO and rear on high fan. Temps did not change at all after idling for approx 15min. I also turn auto off and turned on the a/c on LO on both front and back. Still same reading w/temp gauge. Trying to decide if I still want this van. We are just about out of a/c season and I'm sure I can install the condenser myself but, I just don't know. Will throw it back in to dealer's court and see. Thanks again guys. If I finally get an Ody I'll be back.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,558 Posts
cwamember said:
Thanks for the quick response guys.. In my hast I did not take a temp reading of the air coming out of the vents. I have now done that along with the sensor inputs eneka mentioned. Looks as if there is a freon problem at least. Temp coming out of vents are 80 on drivers side, 70 on pass and rear vents. This is on auto, LO and rear on high fan. Temps did not change at all after idling for approx 15min. I also turn auto off and turned on the a/c on LO on both front and back. Still same reading w/temp gauge. Trying to decide if I still want this van. We are just about out of a/c season and I'm sure I can install the condenser myself but, I just don't know. Will throw it back in to dealer's court and see. Thanks again guys. If I finally get an Ody I'll be back.
What value does #5 Driver's Air Mix say?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,558 Posts
cwamember said:
Is that the same as the passenger side value #6?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you so much for all your help. I'll do as eneka suggested and shall post my results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
O.K. guys. I am the owner of this van now. W/the agreement that the a/c will be fixed. They charged the system and all is well. I did ask if the looked for leaks and they said they did not detect any at this time. However, they did say that if it was a leak they would fix problem. Of course I got this in writing and spoke to the owner about it as well. Thanks for the help and the future help to come. Bigticket I hope your problem is resolved soon. Thanks,
Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cwamember said:
O.K. guys. I am the owner of this van now. W/the agreement that the a/c will be fixed. They charged the system and all is well. I did ask if the looked for leaks and they said they did not detect any at this time. However, they did say that if it was a leak they would fix problem. Of course I got this in writing and spoke to the owner about it as well. Thanks for the help and the future help to come. Bigticket I hope your problem is resolved soon. Thanks,
Brian
Welcome to the Ody Club, Brian. I am using A/C in my van even if not required just to find the leak and get it done.

dvpatel, you mentioned if there was a leak it will be covered under warranty, is that really true ??
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,558 Posts
bigticket said:
dvpatel, you mentioned if there was a leak it will be covered under warranty, is that really true ??
The leak if it was not caused by a rock would be covered by HondaCare. If a rock hit your condensor, it will NOT be covered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dvpatel said:
The leak if it was not caused by a rock would be covered by HondaCare. If a rock hit your condensor, it will NOT be covered.
Thanks, is there way to check if it's caused by a rock ?? Can we look at the front grill and tell ??
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,558 Posts
bigticket said:
Thanks, is there way to check if it's caused by a rock ?? Can we look at the front grill and tell ??
You probably can but a better way would be to let the dealer do the dye test and see if the point from which the freon is leaking was hit or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hot Air on Driver's side, all other AC vents blow cold air

I've read and performed the sensor check on my 2005 Ody Touring and these are the results I've found:
1:31
2:27
3:01
4:31
5:d0
6:03
7:C6
8:29
9:03
0:A7

Do I have more problems with #5, 7 and 10. What do these numbers indicate and will that be covered under the extended full warranty I bought with this van.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
A/C issue as well

Hi there, been following this thread and I have the same problem, hot air from drivers side, though usually only at idle, when driving at speed the A/C gets a bit better but not as cold as the passenger side. When stop at a light the air gets hot in a hurry. I scanned the sensor inputs and have the following results: 1 36 2 28 3 03 4 30 5 d0 6 00 7 E1 8 32 9 A1 10 d6 Can someone help me with understanding these codes? is there a guide I can use to determine what they mean. I understand it was mentioned that it is a percentage and Celsius, but how to decipher? Any ideas on what the problem is? I think it may be a bad sensor, since all the other vents blow pretty cold. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Warm air drivers side, cool air passenger

Have a 2005 EX about 80,000 miles. Have warm to hot air coming out of drivers side vents, cooler (not cold) on passenger and rear. This is on LO temp. Also, does not seem to blow more on recirculate. Ran my codes:

1- 30
2- 29
3- 01
4-29, 30
5- C8
6- 03
7- C6, C4
8- b9
9- A1
0- 00

Not sure what the codes mean. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated have had condenser, clutch, etc already replaced within the last 2-4 years.

Thanks
 
1 - 20 of 154 Posts
Top