Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and noticed this topic hasn't come up in almost 10 years so I thought I'd throw it out there again.

We switched over from a Chrysler Town & Country minivan last year and couldn't be happier with out 2011 Ody (Chrysler Trani died at 71k miles). I miss only two things about the old Chrysler first the beautiful deep blue color of their patriot blue, and second the feature to lock the doors with the keyless entry fob while the doors were still closing. I know it's not a big deal, those doors can't take more than 10 seconds to close, but is there a setting or something I can change either with the car or with the key fob to be able to press a button to close the power sliding door, then press the button to lock the car (The Ody currently ignores any request to lock the car while the power door is in motion.)

Thanks,

·
Registered
469 Posts
You can't, I also had a Dodge Grand Caravan and loved that feature about it. Very convenient, but it's not a feature available with the ODY.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would happen if I locked it first and then tried to close the power slideing door, he said not wanting to go out in the rain and try it right now?

·
Registered
469 Posts
hmmm, the van wont let you lock the doors (specially if the driver door is open) using any of the power locks switches, or the FOB, but you can manually lock each door then use then use the remote to close the sliding door (you won't be able to lock the rear hatch no visible lock). I also did like the feature on the Caravan where you can open the rear hatch or the sliding doors without unlocking all doors with the FOB.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I can't find the post, but someone had suggested this procedure:

Driver stops and turns off vehicle.
Driver opens desired sliding doors using dash switches.
Front passenger opens door.
Driver opens door.
Once all doors have been opened, the driver can now use the driver's door lock switch to lock all doors.
Everybody gets out and closes doors.
Vehicle is supposedly locked.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can use the button on the driver's door or the button on the passenger's door to lock the doors (when they are open or closed), as long as the key is not in the ignition. What I usually do is this: Park, turn off the vehicle, wait a moment for all of the doors that need to be opened to open (or open them myself with the buttons), open the tailgate from the dashboard button (if needed), and then lock the doors from the inside. The alarm system will be armed, unlike in the second gen Odyssey which did not arm the system unless you locked it with the remote.

·
Registered
216 Posts
hmmm, the van wont let you lock the doors (specially if the driver door is open) using any of the power locks switches, or the FOB, but you can manually lock each door then use then use the remote to close the sliding door (you won't be able to lock the rear hatch no visible lock). I also did like the feature on the Caravan where you can open the rear hatch or the sliding doors without unlocking all doors with the FOB.
Not true. Only the remotes are disabled if all the doors are not closed. Assuming the key is not in the ignition, you can use any of the three power lock buttons (1 on front right door, 2 on driver's door) to lock all the doors no matter how many are open, then the vehicle will be locked once all the doors are closed.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I can't find the post, but someone had suggested this procedure:

Driver stops and turns off vehicle.
Driver opens desired sliding doors using dash switches.
Front passenger opens door.
Driver opens door.
Once all doors have been opened, the driver can now use the driver's door lock switch to lock all doors.
Everybody gets out and closes doors.
Vehicle is supposedly locked.
Yes, this works as advertised.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Or you can install a DEI Viper 5901 to control the sliding doors and locks, and then enable the "Comfort Closure" feature to close the sliding doors, close the lift gate, close the windows, close the moon roof, and lock all the locks, all by simply pressing the "lock" button.
I have the older 5701 installed this way on my 2007 Touring, which is essentially the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts