Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the fix on older Odysseys, but Honda has changed the micro-switch in the seatbelt assembly to make it "tamper proof". Anyone have a solution for this extremely annoying problem?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I found a great solution! I put my seat belt on and I silence the beep, improve my chances of surviving a crash, and set a good example for my children!

But in all seriousness I don't know a solution to your problem, but may I ask why you don't want to use your seat belt in the first place?

·
Registered
159 Posts
You could go to a junkyard and find a crashed 2011/2012, and cut a seat belt out and plug the end into the receptacle.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow...tamper proof? I remember taking a couple of screws out of the latch mechanism on an Element a few years back to remove the plastic cover then tighten a zip tie around the switch to silence it - and yes I wear my seatbelt 99% of the time, but for the 3/4 mile ride at 18mph through the neighborhood to pick up a friend's son for the ride to school I could literally live without it, but, yes, setting the example for my daughters is quite important as well - only to someday have it all tested by some creep who tries to convince them otherwise! eh, anyway...carry on!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
for the 3/4 mile ride at 18mph through the neighborhood to pick up a friend's son for the ride to school I could literally live without it,
In that 3/4 of a mile ride it is extremely unlikely that a car at the same speed could crash you head-on going the wrong way or crash you running a stop sign/red light at the intersection. Long live the airbags :)

My sis' worst car accident was in a parking lot, distracted drivers, no seat belt...

But anyway, no preaching forum here, to the OP, a couple of Honda tricks. It may work on the Odyssey:

Element:
Disabling the Seat Belt Beeper on a Honda Element

Ridgeline:
How to disable the seat belt chime forever - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In that 3/4 of a mile ride it is extremely unlikely that a car at the same speed could crash you head-on going the wrong way or crash you running a stop sign/red light at the intersection. Long live the airbags :)

My sis' worst car accident was in a parking lot, distracted drivers, no seat belt...

But anyway, no preaching forum here, to the OP, a couple of Honda tricks. It may work on the Odyssey:

Element:
Disabling the Seat Belt Beeper on a Honda Element

Ridgeline:
How to disable the seat belt chime forever - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Many, Many Thank Yous! Just the solution I was looking for! And Yes, I DO wear the belt on public roads....but there are places where it is not necessary or wanted and the noise is extremely aggravating. The answer is much appreciated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts