Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for an Ody (isn't everyone?). In my area, some dealers are doing the "buy in Canada, switch out instrument cluster, sell with aftermarket warranty" thing. My question is -- since most of the Odys are Canadian built (read "Canadian VINs"), how can you tell if a given vehicle is covered by the factory warranty? I certainly don't want to be caught by a dealer "forgetting" to tell me until after the fact that my warranty isn't from Honda.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Look at the last 6 digits of the VIN number (Positions 12-17), this is the Serial Number of the van.
Serial Numbers start at 500001 for US Odysseys. Anything below 500000 is a Canadian Odyssey.

Scott

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sgergen:
Look at the last 6 digits of the VIN number (Positions 12-17), this is the Serial Number of the van.
Serial Numbers start at 500001 for US Odysseys. Anything below 500000 is a Canadian Odyssey.

Scott
</font>
Scott,
Thanks for the reply. Just to make sure I understand, you're saying the the numbers 500000 and below are intended for sale in Canada and would have no factory warranty when sold in the US as I described in my above post?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts