1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
174 Posts
Do you have RES in your Ody? If so, many folks have utilized the a/v input in the 3rd row to interface an iPod. Easy way would be just to get the Apple composite cable and some rca extensions so it can reach the front seats. A cleaner way would be to remove some interior panels to route the cable along the drivers side under the dash and poke a hole near the radio for the cable to come out. I have mine in the pocket underneath the AC controls (no NAV). i also added an additional power adapter behind the dash so i could plug in the usb plug to also charge the iPod. With the convenient pocket door, I can leave the iPod in the car at all times without being noticed by potential thieves. Also makes for easy access to the iPod controls as i am constantly changing movies for the kids in the back seat :)

Regarding the PIE, many have been happy with it. The sound quality is similar to CD/XM quality and the ability to control iPod thru the factory radio is a plus. could be a bit confusing at first as you need to get used to what buttons on the OEM radio correspond to iPod controls but it would get easier with use.

why are you looking for an alternative to your FM transmitter setup? Are you looking for better sound? ability to control iPod thru radio? ability to charge iPod? ability to keep iPod out of sight in dash/pocket?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mainly to free up the 2nd power outlet. I have a EX trim level and with a Garmin GPS, IPOD and now my kids Nintendo 3DS, Nook color (hacked to run Android), and movie player for long trips, etc. I simply don't have enough electrical outlets... :(

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had a local A/V guy install an iPod interface for $75 total. He did it in my driveway and the steering wheel controls the iPod.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Are we sure the location is to the back right by the spare tire? for an 09? I was hoping it was by the fusebox at the front

1 - 9 of 9 Posts