Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year to everyone! We just upgraded from 2016 to 2019 EXL. Because of the circumstances, we made a deal without driving the van first. So I was unpleasantly surprised that central console storage space is so much smaller in 2019 than in my 2016 van. The new console is now full with just a small box of little personal necessities, few travel packs of various wipes, and a tissue box! Please share your storage and organization hacks, especially if you have kids that are constantly hungry and require snacks - I really miss the cooler drawer where I used to keep little spare bottles of water and a few baggies of food! What system works for you? What do you use for a trash can? How do you keep things from being under your and your passenger feet? TIA!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just removed spare tire from what used to be Lazy Susan back in 2005, it is harder to get stuff from it, but it is an extra storage inside the cabin. I also planning sound deadening it and putting carpet there. Spare tire goes to the roof inside the cargo box, Otherwise we don't have much stuff anyway, everything packed in cooler bags, I also got front seat back protector with extra pockets for bottles, diapers etc

·
Registered
2018 EX
1,728 Posts
Osaki, the only thing I do differently from you is I put the Kleenex box in the tray below and in front of the center console - that little area that separates the driver and passenger footwell. That frees up enough space in the center console for the rest of my stuff.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a rectangular trash bin thing I got on amazon In that middle foot well space. Down side is it blocks the cd drawer but we don’t use that.

i really dislike the center console on this model. I wish the ports were on the front, the rear ports by their doors, and the center console a fold down tray like my 2006.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This console compartment is crazy deep - the deepest I have ever owned - so I pieced together a 3 tier system that works well for me.

TIER 1
The first 2 images below are of the top tier - it is a console tray from a Subaru Outback (my precious vehicle - ordered here: 2017 Subaru Outback Limited w/EyeSight Tray-console box. Interior - 92173AL00A - Genuine Subaru Part)

TIER 2
The console tray rests on top of a black storage box in the third image - third and fourth images - just a square box from a past Garmin cycling component purchase.

TIER 3
The bottom tier consists of a plastic divider piece that creates 4 separate storage spaces. The divider came with 6 sections so I cut it to down to 4 to fit - the divider was purchased here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GKD4JCU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

GARBAGE COLLECTION (Small)
The last image is of the cute little cup holder mini garbage can that my daughter just loves - so much so that she had me put her initial on the spring lid.

CONSOLE DRAWER
In the pull forward drawer, I have a small collection of my daughter's favorite DVD's with the divider moved to its forward most position. I store family defense items in the back compartment of the drawer.

OPEN SPACE (in front of console)
The only thing I store in the open area in front of the pull forward drawer is my lunch hour reading book.

GLOVE BOX
The glove box is pretty deep as well so I keep snacks, water and various daughter goodies stored there - out of sight to keep clutter from happening.

So far, this system works well for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the info and link MtMan - perfect custom solution! Just ordered a set...

(I can retire my pieced-together cardboard box and Subaru tray insert).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts