Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm stuck. I have a 95 ody. How do I separate the hub/spindle from the steering knuckle? I have the knuckle off the car and the four bolts that hold the hub to the knuckle out. Is it the same procedure as an accord? I know on a honda accord you can just stick four longer bolts in and beat them evenly until the hub falls out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looked at the video. I tried the four bolts but its not budging. I'm afraid I might strip the threads if I keep beating on the bolts...................crap..

·
Registered
134 Posts
^^it works. yours is prob just really stuck in there

are you trying to take separate the wheel bearing from the hub or the bearing and hub in one piece and separate from the spindle/knuckle?

·
Registered
134 Posts
^^ah ok. try spraying some wd40 let it sit for a little bit and start banging on it. that ish is pretty much glued together. it will come out, dont be scared :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just have the bearing replaced on mine. Like yours the hub got stuck in the knuckle petty good with years of rust. I tried banging it with socket, separating it with a puller after soaking it with WD40 with no success. And the back plate did not make it easier to work on. I end up paying $50 (dealer charged $120) to a local garage to have it pressed out and press the new one in, IMO its $$$ well spend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts