Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm considering a TE and want to wrap my head around how this works because it's an important reason for purchase. So one DVD runs in car and the other from an external source. What do you use for that source? Does it have to have an HDMI output or can you use the RCA input? How does the audio work? Does each set of headsets work each DVD? Can you listen to one thru headsets and one through car audio? Do you find this setup useful/worthwhile? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hello, I don't have all your answers because I didn't try them all, but you can use the DVD and the other input be the RCA or HDMI. You might even be able to do RCA and HDMI as 2 inputs, not sure, I never tried.
the speakers in the van you can pick i think which audio input you want. As far as headphones they have a switch so you can pick if you want the left or right side of the screen to listen to.

I really like the TE's RES system. But I only use it with 1 input and with the rear theater mode (front speakers are off, only rear are working and voice channel is moved to the 2 speakers right next to the monitor).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use the factory dvd on one side and an western digital media player via hdmi for the other side with a portable hard drive to store movies in. Either input can be used to watch widescreen. Both factory headsets can switch to either input. You should be able to use one input for the headset and the other with the speaker as well. When I turned on the headsets, I can still use the speakers to listen as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts