Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie on the board and am ready to order a 2002 Odyssey. However, I don't know what the procedure is in ordering a 2002. I know that a $500 deposit is required, but what else might I need? Any tips? I live in the South Bay Area in Silicon Valley and will probably travel out of the area to order one....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Odylicious,
All I needed to do was put down a $500 deposit, either by check or credit card. They said the check would not be cashed, but if paid by credit card, that would be run through.

I have been pleased dealing with Menlo Honda in Redwood City. I e-mailed you with more info from Menlo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to share some info about our experience with the 2002 Ody waiting list...

We are first on the waiting list for an LX at a nearby dealer. The sales manager said that LXs won't start being produced until late September. He said to expect delivery 2-3 weeks after production, conservatively putting our pick-up date in late October. I guess the factory is producing EXs first.

The manager was nice enough to add us to the EX waiting list, since we've already put a $500 CC deposit down.

Colors: our dealer was able to let us know the colors of the first five EXs they've been allocated. (Again, these are the plain EX, no leather or navigation system or DVD.)

8/22 to 8/26: SS
8/29 to 9/2: GG
9/4 to 9/8: TW
9/11 to 9/15: GG
9/18 to 9/22: GG

So it looks like the factory is concentrating on SS and GG to start out with. Even though we're #3 on the EX list, the #2 person will only accept a Red Rock Pearl, so we'll probably end up with our desired TW minivan between 9/18 and 9/29.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey jalbert,

Thanks for the great info. I'm first on the list in San Diego also. What dealership are you using? We should compare notes. My dealer's not terribly close, but took my order at MSRP about two months ago...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got a call from our dealer over the weekend about our GG EX-L-RES order and its build date. Honda will be doing a GG run between 8/28-9/1 and ours will be somewhere in that lot. After it is built, it will take about two weeks to transport the van down from Canada to the dealership here in Alabama. The final step will be to add the accessories and prep it for sale (unknown timeframe). So, it looks like we'll take delivery about the 2-3d week in September ... just in time for my birthday (YES!).
-----------------------------------------------------------
’90 4Runner – great, but inadequate for a family of 5
’86 Civic – bye, bye my little old friend
’02 GG Odyssey EXL-RES w/all the fixings – hello, my new best friend

tnuckels

[This message has been edited by tnuckels (edited 08-20-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts