Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market shopping for extended warranty 7yr/100,000/$0.00 for my ody. Just wondering how this warranty works? I mean when I bring in my car for any repair which is covered under the extended warranty policy, do I have to pay for the repair first, then send the bill to Honda Care for reimbursement? Or I just have to go and pick up my car w/out a wallet (no need to pay a single dime)?

Jason.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you get the zero deductable Honda Care plan then the bill for a waranty repair goes directly to Honda from the dealer and you pay nothing.
You must make sure though that the repair is covered under warranty (IE Authorized) before the dealer does any work.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So does it mean I will have to call Honda Care and tell them such and such and if they said 'ok, it will be covered under the warranty', then I can bring my car to a dealer to fix? or I just have to bring the car to the dealer, and if they said 'it'll be covered under the warranty', they will have to 'go-ahead' to fix the car?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Z32 - when having to invoke the HondaCare warranty, just take the vehicle right to the Honda dealer and advise them of the issue and show them the HondaCare warranty card. They usually do the legwork on contacting Honda to file the warranty claim. Believe me, they won't do the work unless you sign and agree to pay or they get the OK that Honda will pay.

Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts