Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting pretty tired of how poorly the ATT hotspot works so I'm exploring my other options. One of the those is the Media Servers option on the rear entertainment but I have no idea how it work. Honda told me it will work with Android 5+ but nothing else. So what do I need to do?

Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just in case anyone is wondering, dlna servers on the same wifi will work.
Can you please explain. I have a Seagate Wireless Plus external hard drive that can act as a wireless hotspot (the vehicle sees its "network") and a DLNA media server. However, I cannot get the vehicle to recognize it, let alone the movies stored on it. Please help!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you please explain. I have a Seagate Wireless Plus external hard drive that can act as a wireless hotspot (the vehicle sees its "network") and a DLNA media server. However, I cannot get the vehicle to recognize it, let alone the movies stored on it. Please help!
I haven't tested with that kind of setup, I have tested it only with DLNA servers on my Android phone that is connected to the ATT Hotspot of the car. It is very finicky and doesn't work a lot of times. It also seems much more likely to work if you browse it through the rear entertainment screen on the back than if you try to browse it through the front screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't tested with that kind of setup, I have tested it only with DLNA servers on my Android phone that is connected to the ATT Hotspot of the car. It is very finicky and doesn't work a lot of times. It also seems much more likely to work if you browse it through the rear entertainment screen on the back than if you try to browse it through the front screen.
So the car has to be in 'hotspot' mode and not 'network' mode, and the DNLA server has to be on the hotspot network? Hrm..... This is the first confirmation I've seen that the Media Server app works!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts