Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those already lucky enough to own a new ODY that they ordered, how long after the last given build date did you actually pick up your beauty from the dealer. I was given a build date of 11/17 through 11/21 and was told twenty days after that, but that seems an awful long time to ship even if I do live here in Alabama.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Build date 10/10 and drove it home 10/16.

The dealer warned that shipping could take ten days. He was cautious in his estimates because he didn't want us mad at him if the vehicle got stuck in a railyard somewhere.

Regards,

Maugham/Brillig
(Chicago, IL)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was given the build date as 10/29. Then the dealer informed me on 11/01 that the van has been shipped and also gave the vin number. It takes 17 hours to build the van once the build date is confirmed. Depending on your location and the site where it is build (Canada/US), it should not take more than 10 days to have the van at the dealer. Also some dealers put the van's vin number etc. on their web page under new inventory, just to attract customers. But once he gives you the vin #, then the chances of it going to some one else are very remote. I would also suggest to keep calling the dealer at least twice a week, specially on tuesdays and saturdays as on these days they have some updated information coming in. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Make certain the dealer isn't planning to do any special prep to the van in those extra days. Specifically, install options you didn't order and tell you they're "standard". There's a dealer here who's famous for presenting a van complete w/trailer hitch and pinstripes.

I don't mean to alarm you - this is PROBABLY NOT the case. But it never hurts to have a signed bottom line price from the sales manager.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, does anyone else have any info they can give me on shipping times from the build date.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I was told that it would be approximately 10 days after they have your VIN. That's how long it took to get mine after they gave me the VIN. I got mine when you could follow the shipment over the web, and it got to the west coast, and sat in the yard for 2 to 3 days before they trucked it to the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts