131 Posts
Bought mine off the lot....

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got ours straight off of the truck.No waiting.

------------------
2002 MB EX-L RES
1996 Camaro Z-28
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2001 Yamaha R-1
1991 Yamaha FZR-600

·
Registered
174 Posts
Off the lot (only one they had).

·
Registered
52 Posts
So far by my calculation, I have everyone that has posted beat even if you COMBINE everyone's wait. I'm sure someone with even more patience than I will come along soon and de-throne me.

In hindsight, I can recommend 1 thing to those that are still waiting. If you are picky like I was (specific model and color), you should probably try to do business with a higher volume dealer than a smaller one. Seems to be better odds of getting what you want from those guys that are getting 50 vans a month versus the 15 vans a month dealer.

IMHO.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I called the dealer (Paramus Honda, NJ) got my 2002 SS EXL-RES "7" days after the phone call. So, it was just a phone call away (Not a 3 to 4 months wait).

------------------
Will N.
New Jersey "The Garden State"

·
Registered
3 Posts
I started my hunt on 12/31/01 and was driving my new Ody on 1/15/02. I e-mailed all the dealers within a reasonable driving range telling them exactly what I wanted (EX-L RP) and I got an e-mail on the 4th from a dealer saying they had been allocated that model with NAVI, so I drove to the dealer and signed a contract for it. It was delivered on time and in great shape. I'm so glad I got "stuck" with the NAVI model, it's the coolest. The dealer I bought from was Honda of Vacaville in Nor Cal. Paid MSRP and they included a few "non-negotiable" dealer add-ons.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Viper001, I special ordered my ODY on the 3rd of Sept and was told a couple weeks ago that it should be in by the end of Feb. Nothing extra special, MB EX nothing else, but I'm getting it as a UBS buy, that's way below MSRP. Incidently the dealer told me he had lists so long, both MSRP and UBS, that if you ordered one today you'ld get a 2003 in Sept or Oct.

·
Registered
52 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by J R Jensen:
Viper001, I special ordered my ODY on the 3rd of Sept and was told a couple weeks ago that it should be in by the end of Feb. Nothing extra special, MB EX nothing else, but I'm getting it as a UBS buy, that's way below MSRP. Incidently the dealer told me he had lists so long, both MSRP and UBS, that if you ordered one today you'ld get a 2003 in Sept or Oct.</font>
Ouch! I think we have a new winner.

I guess for me (and I know this has been debated to death), an Oddy at MSRP is still a pretty good deal compared to the competition. I was also brought up to believe a car was not a "good deal" unless it was X number of dollars below the sticker price, but sometimes I think it's good to step back and take a look at the big picture. If the vehicle you are driving is relatively safe and reliable, and you want to wait over a year to save $500, then that's great. It just wouldn't be worth it to me to worry about it that long, but that's just me. Good luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Viper001, My USB price will be $24,688 plus
tax and tags. I figure that's $2500 below
the MSRP and waiting for approximately 25 weeks makes my waiting worth about $100 per week. Makes waiting much easier.

·
Registered
52 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by J R Jensen:
Viper001, My USB price will be $24,688 plus
tax and tags. I figure that's $2500 below
the MSRP and waiting for approximately 25 weeks makes my waiting worth about $100 per week. Makes waiting much easier.

</font>
Fair enough, I knew when I put in that $500 amount that it would probably come back to haunt me. Like I said, if you are willing to wait many months for the van to come in, as long as you aren't renting a car or something to get to that point, and you have the patience, that is great. I will add though, I wouldn't depend on your 25 week estimate as gospel. With you coming in through a low price service, you will be even lower on a dealer's priority list than us boneheads paying MSRP, so don't be surprised if it's even longer. As an example, I thought a deposit and paying MSRP would net me a van in 3 weeks, it turned out to be 3 months.

Didn't someone post that they bought an Oddy through a service, and it arrived 14 months later, and was a different model year by the time it arrived? Seriously, I could buy a 2002 Oddy for about $500 if I wanted to wait to buy a used one in 2015, but I would like to drive one between now and then... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
We originally contacted our dealer on October 26, and by November 5 we had placed an order for a Redrock EX. It was scheduled to come in around Thanksgiving. About a week after Thanksgiving we got a call telling us our new Odyssey had been _damaged in transport_. We finally picked a replacement up yesterday, for a total wait of 10+ weeks. We actually went through two loaner vehicles during that time.

·
Registered
202 Posts
We placed our order on October 31, and we were originally told that it would take no longer than 45-60 days to get our SS LX.

After quite a wait, we were just told last week that our van will be built 1/21-1/25 and will be here by Feb 1. So that's a total of 9 weeks.

Incidentally, we were told that the Alabama plant is only making EX's now, so ours should be a Canada build. We're quite happy about that.

I joke with my friends that waiting for an Ody is like buying a car in the former Soviet Union...put down your deposit and wait in line! And no complaining or we'll sell it to someone else for $1000 over MSRP and report you to the KGB!

------------------
Waiting for SS 2002 LX

·
Registered
15 Posts
We first talked to our local Honda dealer on January 16 and drove home a 2002 GG EX on January 29. I kind of feel like I'd been waiting longer than that since I've been reading about these vans and looking at pictures of them for a long time now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts