·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
x

·
Registered
194 Posts
Everybody pays Freight & Transport charges - it comes from Honda directly and it is non-negotiable.
US $440
CDN $850

·
Registered
177 Posts
My total drive out price for my red EXL-RES was The MSRP price + 6.25 sales tax + inventory tax of .002149 + $150 for title and docs.

I was not charged for the $440 transport fee nor any other add-on fees.

MMCD

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Then you got the van for $440 under MSRP, plus shipping. Net out the door: MSRP.

Trust me, the unions got their $440.

I'm getting $500 off MSRP, plus shipping. Net out the door: $60 less than MSRP.

You were charged, but the skanky dealer just shuffled the numbers around. EVERYONE gets charged the union transportation fee one way or another.

As for your $150 for "title and docs", that's steep for around here. You certainly could have chopped that down, without question. What was that you said about "no other add-on fees"?

Car salesmen love to see people like you coming, because they can work the psychology so easily. You're happy because, despite the $150 of add-on fees, you honestly think you didn't pay any add-on fees.

Wow.

Now, I could be entirely wrong; perhaps your state law is written such that everyone in your state pays the $150 for "title and docs".

But trust me, the union contract is written such that the trucker's union gets $440 for each and every vehicle delivered. Period. They don't care where it comes from, it gets PAID.

(Did you ever wonder why it's a flat $440 transportation charge regardless of distance, no matter whether you're shipping to Seattle or to Miami? Because that's the contract the union negotiated, that's why. Other cars have different numbers but the exact same situation with regard to the union.)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nevermind THAT - did you ever wonder why Destination on a Honda CRV manufactured IN Japan is $440 while desination for a ford or GM made in USA is hundreds more!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Because it's not a shipping charge. It's a union fee.

If you want your cars to make it through the union system and get from the point of entry (port or factory door) to the point of destination, you'll pay what the Teamsters says you'll pay.

It's not a difficult concept. Of course, they hide what's happening by calling it a "destination charge" and let you think it has something to do with the shipping costs.

Uh-uh.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You can feel that you are getting a better deal if you live far away from the factory.

You pay the same destination charge if you live 3000 miles away or 1/3 of a mile away from the factory!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Adam1991,

In the Dallas area, the $150 for title and docs is for:
State registration
2 year inspection
License fee

I just bought a new 2001 Chevy Suburban today. I had to pay for the same $150 to buy this car. Some dealers charge $155. $5 for processing fee.

MMCD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts