Honda Odyssey Forum banner

How many Honda/Acura vehicles have you owned?

• None

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • One

Votes: 171 15.2%
  • Two

Votes: 267 23.7%
  • Three

Votes: 218 19.4%
  • Four

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Five

Votes: 106 9.4%
  • Six

Votes: 48 4.3%
  • Seven

Votes: 25 2.2%
  • Eight

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Nine

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • Ten

Votes: 5 0.4%
  • More than Ten! (Please List Below!)

Votes: 27 2.4%
1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has been talked about a lot, but I could not find an actual poll on this topic.

How many Honda/Acura vehicles have you owned in your family. There is always talk about the loyalty of Honda owners, so lets find out. The Ody makes Honda number 5 for my wife (we have added number 6 since this post started!). Lets see who has the most! Lets limit this to vehicles purchased or leased for personal use for more than 1 year, so that some dealer who gets a Honda to use every couple weeks doesn't blow the stats!

81 Honda Accord Sedan
84 Honda Accord Coupe
87 Honda Prelude Si
91 Honda Accord LX
02 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES FES
91 Honda Civic Si Added on 4/03/06, so that is 6!

Feel free to list your previous Honda/Acura vehicles, especially if you have had a bunch of them! Enjoy! ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
My wife and I:
==========
2002 Odyssey EX-L
1998 Acura Integra LS 2dr
1996 Honda Accord DX 4dr
1988 Acura Legend L 2dr
1984 Honda Accord LX 4dr

Mom:
====
1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary Edition 4dr

Sister:
=====
1996 Honda Civic DX 4dr

Father-in-law:
==========
2002 Honda CR-V LX (2wd)
1997 Honda CR-V LX (4wd)

Brother-in-law:
===========
2002 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr

H

·
0 Posts
91 Integra LX White (my first car)
95 Integra LX Black (Lease)
02 Ody EXL Granite Green

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are we counting motorcycles, ATVs and generators?
No, otherwise I could count my Honda mower also! :stupid:

·
Registered
48 Posts
5 for me and the wife

My wife and I have owned five, currently driving two:
86 Accord (totaled in '96 and replaced with 94 Civic EX)
88 Integra RS (traded in 94 for 92 Integra GS-R)
92 Integra GS-R (sold in 02 and replaced with 02 Odyssey)
94 Civic EX (still in use)
02 Odyssey EX (still in use)

My mom is on her second Honda, an 00 Accord EX after driving her 86 Accord LX for 16 years and only 85K miles.
My brother had a used Accord in college, and currently his wife drives a 96 Civic.

·
Registered
561 Posts
81' Civic hatchback 1500 DX (My dear, dear Henry, may he R.I.P)
91' Accord 4dr EX (Hubby's with a 150K and counting)
02' Odyssey EX (Hank ie Henry re-incarnated, well...hopefully)
84' Prelude (extended family's "Silver Bullet", R.I.P)
95' Civic 4 dr LX (another extended family's current car)
99' Acura TL (sister-in-law's current boyfriend's car which she co-signed on so I can actually add it to the list);)

·
Registered
460 Posts
'78 Accord (1st generation YAY!!!) hatchback, 5spd, blue, 3rd party air, vinyl top, alloy wheels, Cibie quartz halogen headlights. Sold it in '91 with 225k miles on it. 'Twas a good set of wheels.

Incidentally... One of my brother-in-laws (they are all domestic car bigots) runs a small constuction company. After going through 3 domestic portable power generators in 6 months he finally tried a Honda. Totally amazed! The Honda was much quieter, used much less fuel and just kept on running job after job after job! He now says anything with a Honda engine, he's sold on it!

Weaned my wife off of her Dodge brand loyalty ('82 Aries "K" POS) so she now drives a '92 Camry. We "almost" chose the Accord but it was significantly cheaper to insure the Toyota.

I did start a Honda trend in my family though. After my '78 Accord was such a rousing success, my Dad got an '84 Civic, my sister bought an '87 Civic wagon and now has a 2001 CRV.

Do lawnmowers count?

Do I get the award for longest time between Hondas (if lawnmowers don't count)? :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
1975 Civic CVCC Hatchback - remember those? In highschool we stuffed/folded one of my friends in the "trunk" to save money on the way into a drive-in movie. This was in Seattle. It drizzled the entire movie so I was the "intermittent wipers"!
Now I have:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've had the following:
1986 Integra (excellent shape at 90K, but totaled by a guy making illegal left turn. Otherwise, I'd have kept it )
1991 Legend (running very well, except for stuttering A/C)
1998 Accord
2003 Ody

The 1996 Integra started the Honda-Acura infatuation in our family. My brother, who lived with us, owned
1989 Legend
1988 Integra

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wife and I have owned...

86 Prelude (Stolen)
87 Integra (Drove for 7 years, gave to my dad who drove for another 3 years then sold, still in good condition with 150,000 miles)
94 Integra (Sold in good condition w/ 96,000 miles to make room for Ody)
94 Accord (Still driving w/ 125,000 miles)
02 Odyssey

No major problems with any of the vehicles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
86 CRX Bought used, drove it three years. During that time it suffered in a major hail storm (1990 in Oklahoma City) and looked like someone took a baseball bat to it. Sold it for what I had orginally paid for it.

2000 Odyssey LX

2002 Accord SE

·
Registered
7 Posts
'87 Accord LXi Hatchback (230,000+ miles before I let it go)
'95 Del sol Vtec (I loved that little car, targa top, good power and good mileage, but no room for kids)
'98 Accord EX (The wife's first vehicle)
'02 Odyssey (best riding Honda I've ever been in)

·
Registered
321 Posts
My first Honda ('84 Accord Hatchback) started a trend --my folks -- '86 Accord hatchback, '02 Accord LX
sister--'87 Civic hatchback
best friend -- '87 Prelude Si
his parents -- '88 Accord 4-door
his sister -- '88 Civic Hatchback
his wife -- '91 Integra sedan
my cousin -- '89 Accord LX sedan

Actually the trend may have started further back with my dad. He started w/ a Honda 400 in about '76 then a 500 Hawk, then a '82 Goldwing Interstate. I said what the heck, I'll check out the cars. I test drove an Accord around the block --the next week I ordered one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
1976 Accord Hatchback -- My first car!
1985 Prelude -- 145,000 and 1 alternator no other repairs!
1993 Accord EX 4dr
1995 Prelude SI
1998 Civic EX -- Stolen
1997 Odyssey EX

Maybe I should add my 2000 Model Honda Lawn Mower to make 7. They aren't cheap ya know!!!:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Previous:
85 CRX (Red/Silver)
87 CRX SI (Red)
93 Accord LX Coupe (Dark Blue)

Now:
02 Odyssey LX (GG)

Oklaody: We had our 85 CRX badly damaged also in a hail storm (Montreal/1986). They were the size of golf balls. It was terrible...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had a '91 Civic DX hatchback, traded it in at 149,252 miles for my new Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V.

Wife had a '96 Accord EX; great car but it had a "hit me" sign on it somewhere. It was hit three times while we had it and twice while my in-laws owned it (they bought it from us after my wife decided she wanted a mini-van again). This car was recently totalled when someone rear-ended my mother-in-law at a stoplight and smashed the front end into the car ahead. Great car, but jinxed.

Wife currently has a '99 Odyssey (gold). It's a great car, wonderfully comfortable on long trips and terrific for hauling stuff around (a week after we got it, we had to haul my son's stuff down to his college in Azusa for the first of many times). It's got great power, is smooth and comfortable, and has one of the best factory paint jobs I've ever seen.

1 - 20 of 279 Posts