Votes: 4 4.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us minivan owners are proud parents, and I thought it might be interesting to see just how much of parents we are!

Anyway, how many kids do you have?

·
Super Moderator
13,539 Posts
Perhaps I should start a poll asking if folks know there are other forums like the dedicated forum for polls?

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
4 here. I'm not a parent...I'm a circus ringleader.

OF

·
Registered
166 Posts
0dyfamily said:

OF
I had to laugh out loud at this one.... I am the dad to (2)-two little boys 4 & 6-years old.... I call them monkey's because they think it's funny to jump over the 3rd-row seat where I have to open the tailgate to let them out. Many times I don't even open the sliders.... I just open the tailgate. I'm sure neighbours are convinced I make the boys ride in the trunk....

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've got 2 kids and sometimes have 1 or 2 cousins ride along.

Although I bet I could get by without the space in the ody for 50 out of 52 weeks, the space & utility is hard to beat. Above all the kids go nuts over all the space and storage - it's their second home. If I let them, they'd put their xbox & wii in there and throw out the middle row seats .

·
Registered
15 Posts
mindoro said:
Have 4 young ones, 1 girl and 3 boys. It's a crazy household alright. :)
We got it the same way...1 girl and three boys. Of course the girl is the youngest, so she's just a little bit spoiled.

Also have two nephews that are with us A LOT! So we often have all six seats in the back filled up.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just 5 sons.

Youngest two are in last years of college.

Purchased our '02 Ody when oldest was in first year of college.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My username is dated. It's from when I bought our Ody 5.5 years ago.
We now have 3 boys and 2 girls, ages 8, 6.5, 4, 3 and a newborn.

·
Registered
114 Posts
We have 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls.

9, 7, 3 and 16mos. Love the "circus ringleader" comment, I think it fits most of us. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have 3 boys and a borrowed niece. not including the other extended^2 family members. and yes. its a circus, unfortunately i cant claim to be the ringleader :(

·
Registered
830 Posts
Bought the 'suzu after my son, the oldest was born. My daughter asked when she was 12- "Dad, when are you buying a new car?" I just answered: "Why?"

·
Registered
778 Posts
I guess I'm the odd one. I've got 0 with no plans for hopefully a long time.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Why did you buy a minivan, out of curiosity?
To be honest, I don't know why but I've just always liked vans. The stigma never bothered me. There have been other cars in other segments that I've liked, but I always liked vans and in 06 the Ody was on top. If you want the specific breakdown for the last 20 years, my favorites went like this.

1990-1998....Chrysler Town & Country
1999-2000....Honda Odyssey
2001-2004....Chrysler Town & Country
2005-2010....Honda Odyssey
2011+..........???

The Town & Country was dropped in 2005 when they dropped the cladding on the lower part of the doors and some may have noticed I'm not exactly a fan of the new Ody, so it was dropped in 2011. So far, there is no vehicle currently available on the market in any price bracket that can live up to the standards I've held in this category. The Sienna I suppose is the closest with the Quest following, but even they require the bar being lowered.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

OF
Amen to that one brother! #4 isn't won't be here 'till June and wasn't quite expected, but I guess I knew the job was dangerous when I took it.

In June the age range will be: 9, 7, 5 and newborn. Minivans are pretty much a necessity for a good while yet.

Joel

1 - 20 of 26 Posts