Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we start a poll that tracks purchase price, model, and region (i.e. northern California

2002 Evergreen Pearl, MSRP + $1,400, s/b at dealer on friday.

·
Registered
564 Posts
2002 TW EXL-NAV. MSRP.
No. CA.

-d

------------------
"Some people say you can't take it with you. I'm taking it with me." - Steve Marin
Future: 2002 EXL-NAV, TW (with RES wanted!)
Current: 2001 Civic EX, silver
Leaving: 2001 Volvo V70 T5, white/graphite

·
Registered
36 Posts
You might also want to specify if a trade-in was involved and whether you leased or financed through the dealer. We all know that dealers may give up on the purchase price only to make it back someplace else. Just my $0.02 if you want a totally objective poll.

G

·
2002 RP EXL-RES at MSRP, no trade, financing (I think). Southern California.

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon, it's been on order since March)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
02 SS EX-L RES. $29,250 (that's MSRP minus $500). Add $440 destination charge and tax, and possibly doc fees of up to $100 (we're going there tomorrow....harrumph).

·
Registered
329 Posts
Model : SS 2002 EX
Region : Baltimore, Maryland
Price : $24,668 (includes destination charge)

I don't know what the bottom line will be with accessories since we haven't picked it up yet . The dealer told me that it's supposed to arrive this week. That price is a UBS price. Well worth the 10 month wait!!!

After taxes, title and tags, I'm going to have this thing on the road for under 26,500!

[This message has been edited by cmmeyers (edited 09-11-2001).]

·
Registered
21 Posts
2002 Starlight Silver EX-L (Sep 5), MSRP, no trade-in. Chicago area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2002 MB EXL-RES. MSRP. No trade. No dealer financing.

Dealer is discounting the options I will be buying some, but not as much as handa-accessories.

I ordered this vehicle in June with a $500 deposit. 3 days ago, the dealer said they are no longer taking orders, first come, first serve. AND, they are only selling for MSRP + $1995. Yikes!! I am glad I got my order in when I did.

·
Registered
86 Posts
2002 LX Redrock Pearl
MSRP - 300, no added dealer extras, no trade.
Pick it up this weekend just outside Nashville TN.
Only ordered last week.

·
Registered
56 Posts
SS EXL-RES at MSRP. Probably the norm for everyone. The day I ordered mine the dealership sold a 2001 SS for $2,000 over MSRP! Made me feel a little better.

------------------
2002 Starlight Silver EXL-RES on order. October delivery.

·
Registered
56 Posts
MSRP + tax/title/doc. No dealer finance, options, or trade-in.

------------------
-- Todd

'02 GG Odyssey EX-L
'99 Forester S

·
Registered
55 Posts
Originally posted by cmmeyers:
Model : SS 2002 EX
Region : Baltimore, Maryland
Price : $24,668 (includes destination charge)

CMMEYERS,

What is "UBS"? You got a great deal. I am not in a hurry to get my new Ody as my current van is still going. Any information on web sites or how to contact someone for purchasing would be great. Thanks

[This message has been edited by odyman (edited 09-17-2001).]

·
Registered
329 Posts
UBS stands for United Buying Service. I think that it is only local to the Maryland/Virginia/DC area. I was able to get the UBS pricing because my employer participates in the program.

UBS negotiates car prices with various dealers in the area. Sometimes the prices are good, sometimes you can beat the UBS prices through your own negotiation. In the case of the Odyssey, it was a deal that couldn't be beat. UBS dealers only have to allocate a small percentage of their stock to UBS cars, so the Odyssey waiting lists are very long (over a year in some cases). We used that waiting time to save as much money as possible to put down a large down payment. We just got the call saying that our Ody came in today, and we'll be picking it up tomorrow.

Their website is www.ubs4cars.com. I don't know if they can tell you if a similar program exists in California.

Good luck to you.

[This message has been edited by cmmeyers (edited 09-17-2001).]

·
Registered
68 Posts
2002 GG EXL-RES. MSRP. Northwest Arkansas area. Dealer has offered $22,000 for our 2000 EX TW (26,000 miles). We are trying to sell privately while we wait on the van to arrive.

Greg

[This message has been edited by Razorback (edited 09-18-2001).]

·
Registered
628 Posts
MSRP on '02 GG EX-L minus $23,400 trade-in of 2000 EX MB with 26,000 miles. Napleton Honda, Rockford, IL (north central Illinois 90 miles west of Chicago)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts