Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on how much a 60000 mile service should cost on a 2007 Odyssey E-XL?

The wife took ours to the dealership (against my advice) and came back with a bill for $435. When I look at the costs on things, I'm getting the feeling that we got screwed (just like I told her).

Air filter for the cabin $46.81 - part only. This is higher than MSRP.
Air filter $33.11- part only, once again higher than MSRP.

There is $231.98 in labor charges.....really? They changed 2 air filters, oil change, replaced transmission fuild and brake fluid. This with the inspection of other parts in $230 in labor

Then there is the $50 in admin and ship fees.

Am I over reacting or did we get hosed?

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Here are the rules.

Rule #1. Never send the wife to the dealership
Rule #2. Follow Rule #1.

You could have done both filters yourself for chump change (less than what you paid for the Admin fee). Nuff said.

·
Registered
463 Posts
pgrogan, Hosed might be too strong a word. Yeah, you paid too much just like all of their other customers, but now you have learned that a la carte (or DIY) is the way to go. At least with the transmission fluid change, you may have some goodwill with them if and when your transmission needs to be replaced. Wish I had better news for you. You can learn a lot from this forum if you go DIY. Tom

·
Registered
137 Posts
i just got service A3 done at similar mileage and paid $96 with taxes and no air filter for the cabin.
private mechanic
the dealer wanted more and check this, they wanted 130bucks to replace a piece that cost 10bucks.... that dealer will never see me again unless it is for warranty services
06 ody ex-l here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts