Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a demo RRP EXL-RES with 5K miles. There are no other add-ons. I believe it was delivered early Dec.

This dealer is already offering -500 below MSRP for brand new. He'd go -1K for this demo. I said it would have to go lower. What would you offer or would you wait for a brand new car.

Situation: Want car before vacation in mid Feb. New one may arrive 1 day before leaving on vacation.

MMCDT

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmm, USE www.autobytel.com and fill out YOUR information in terms of what car you want and it will help you to get a VERY GOOD PRICE! These type of companies will help you get like 5-10% off the MSRP and it's a no dicker price!

Also, TRY Consumer Reports' car BUYING service.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by firepepperV6:
Hmm, USE www.autobytel.com and fill out YOUR information in terms of what car you want and it will help you to get a VERY GOOD PRICE! These type of companies will help you get like 5-10% off the MSRP and it's a no dicker price!

Also, TRY Consumer Reports' car BUYING service.
</font>
When I checked with Autobytel a couple of months ago the price got was MSRP plus. I'd be very surprised if they could find Odys for 10% off of MSRP.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
24 Posts
Errr, that's horrible :-(

Autobytel ain't the best place but...

In CANADA, MSRP + more $ is unheard of???

Heck, even with the PT Cruisers, the dealers were only charging MSRP or a bit less but DEFINITELY NOT more than MSRP.

Supposedly, it's ILLEGAL in CANADA to SELL a NEW PRODUCT above it's DETERMINED MSRP. An exception WOULD BE A USED one such as a DEMO that can be sold at just about any price, even above what the PERSON who bought it paid for it. That's because, a NEW car dealer is a business and shouldn't be entitled to take ALL of the WEALTH of the people.

I think it is called PRICE GOUGHING and it's ILLEGAL in Canada and I think in the US??? too?

For us in Canada, it's like buying Baseball tickets at the GOING price... watching that game and then 3 days AFTER THE event, SELLING IT for WHATEVER you feel like (say $50).

The only benefit to PRICE goughing is, if you can get the NEW vehicle from say a dealer that is 240 miles away and you want to sell it in 3 months because, you discover that you are moving being POSTED in Japan, your RESALE VALUE will BE EXTRAORDINARILY high if the demand for NEW ones at the time IS STILL EXCEEDING SUPPLY.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by firepepperV6:
...I think it is called PRICE GOUGHING and it's ILLEGAL in Canada and I think in the US??? too?...</font>
Selling autos above MSRP is legal in the U.S..

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like it does not matter any more for this 5K mile demo. My dealer is switching with an out of state dealer. My 0 mile RRP ECL-RES will be delivered by Feb 3.

YEAH!!!

MMCDT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts