Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2022 owner, and I know there's a builtin update system for the software. Is this something I'll get notified about? Or do they never update it and I shouldn't worry about it anyways? I do have the Link app on my phone, so I'm guessing that will give me a notice?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have seen once every 6-8 months so far. Those updates will become less frequent as gen 5 gets older.

There is a PDF on Honda update/owners website with all the updates/release notes and dates so you can see the Update history there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anything good ever get updated? Radio interface improvements? Or just behind the scenes bug fixes? Just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
515 Posts
See the bug lists, pages and pages of fixes, most of things that really impact drivers.

I get a notice when I pull into the drive and connect to my WiFi.

I wish map updates were as painless.

·
Registered
2018 EX
1,826 Posts
I see the odd notice on my screen about an update. The Wi-Fi at my house is stellar and yet, my Ody has never been able to connect to it. I even go to my dealer and park right outside the service area and try to access their updates. No go. I always need the dealer to take the car into the shop and purge the cache so the updates can download. What an electronic joke!

I think Honda is a LONG way from mastering all this electronic paraphernalia. They just don't have their ducks in a row.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I see the odd notice on my screen about an update. The Wi-Fi at my house is stellar and yet, my Ody has never been able to connect to it. I even go to my dealer and park right outside the service area and try to access their updates. No go. I always need the dealer to take the car into the shop and purge the cache so the updates can download. What an electronic joke!

I think Honda is a LONG way from mastering all this electronic paraphernalia. They just don't have their ducks in a row.
I can't agree more and can't believe how bad some systems are. As much as they annoy me, the one thing Ford can be applauded for is hiring Microsoft to do their Sync system. Even my 2009 F-150 had a better system than cars 10 years newer, easy to use and never an issue. My 2017 F-250 work truck is even more impressive with automatic updates and ease of use that never fails. As soon as I pull in my driveway it pops up and says Wifi connected and asks to update without touching a thing.

·
Registered
2018 EX
1,826 Posts
I can't agree more and can't believe how bad some systems are. As much as they annoy me, the one thing Ford can be applauded for is hiring Microsoft to do their Sync system. Even my 2009 F-150 had a better system than cars 10 years newer, easy to use and never an issue. My 2017 F-250 work truck is even more impressive with automatic updates and ease of use that never fails. As soon as I pull in my driveway it pops up and says Wifi connected and asks to update without touching a thing.
Thanks for that, mikidmac. I was beginning to wonder if my Wifi was out of whack :)!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have some of the newer WiFi features turned off on my network to make it more friendly to several older devices I have here, might be why my Ody is happy with it.

Can you set up a second WiFi network with very basic settings and try that? Maybe just add a cheap Travel Router for the Ody to connect to. If not you could try fiddling your current WiFi to see what works.

·
Registered
2018 EX
1,826 Posts
Thanks, Stan. I'll give that a shot.

Actually, after the first time my system wouldn't update at home, I took it to the dealer where the service manager couldn't get it to work either. He had to phone the tech line guy. Turns out, the cache wasn't clearing, which made an update impossible for some reason. This is further proof that Honda should not be in the software writing business. Let the Japanese write it for them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts