Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - This board is great, we just got our Evergreen Ody 2002 EXL-RES - Just wanted to know how often do you all wash in winter and since the Ody is just painted - when shall I wax? Wht wait that long to wax?

Thanks

Happy TurkeyDay

MC

·
Registered
331 Posts
It is ok to wax it now. The paint is cured at the factory. Just use something high quality so it'll last over the winter. I'm partial to Zaino.

As for washing it, I try do it weekly during the winter at one of the self serves. But that of course depends on the snow, salt, slush, and -20 wind chills. I try to go to the self serve at night when there is nobody there and use a bucket and towel to really get it clean. I pretty anal about scratches and the such and refuse to use the drive throughs.

Good luck with yours.

[This message has been edited by robr2 (edited 11-19-2001).]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks robr2.

The van sure is huge to wash (tall) I myself use Blitz wax or Zymol - I wanted to take some time off of work during the warm days we are having in MA just to wash and wax the "Green Monster"

Happy Thanksgiving

·
Registered
10 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by New Honda and Ody Owner:
The van sure is huge to wash (tall)...</font>
I got a folding plastic step stool at Home Depot to help reaching the roof. It is strong and stable enough for my needs. I like the folding capability because it is easy to store or to take in the van.

Maugham/Brillig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts