Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new Odyssey EX-L 2011 here in Switzerland.
Now I would like to know how I can change the displays into metric system for km's, liters and celsius. Does somebody know how I can do myself?

Best regards from Switzerland, Samuel :) :huh:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good question and it ought to be simple but it may not be possible if you have a U.S. version. I had some questions about at least being able to change the temperature display to celsius and apparently that is not possible. You should be able to find that discussion on here if you search "celsius". It is inexcusable that this is not possible because it should not be difficult or expensive to make it that way. Apparently the Honda managers have decided that Americans are too ignorant and lazy (which may be true) to do what the rest of the world does and does not want to make it possible for those who do want it.

I just read in the newspaper a day or two ago that at least one Ford vehicle lets you make everything metric except the odometer. I cannot find that article now and do not recall which vehicle it was but maybe other Ford vehicles are made that way. Good luck and please post on here if you learn any more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh, I just realized that you said you have a Canadian version in your heading so you should be able to do it. Good luck and let us know if you learn anything about the U. S. version.

·
Registered
112 Posts
@larrylawyer - If he has the Canadian Ody, it should already be in metric units and no conversion would be necessary ;). So I believe your first reply holds true.

My 04 Sienna had a E/M button to enable certain displays to toggle between English and Metric readings. Not the speedometer or odometer though. I have not found such a switch or menu option on the Ody yet:huh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts