Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how you change the in cab air filter??? I guess it is located behind the glove box?? The dealer wanted to charge me 75.00 to do it.... Can it be done at home??

Thank you

·
Registered
186 Posts
Easiest thing to to. Pop open glove box by releasing the glove box shock absorber arm, remove the two bump stoppers from sides of glovebox and flip glovebox right down and you will see cabin filter. Change filter and assemble in reverse order. Takes all but about five minutes of your day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is good to know - I was wondering the same thing about my (new to me) van. I'm hoping it's a 5 minute job as opposed to a "all but 5 minutes of my day" job, though. Sometimes my wife thinks I have the special ability to turn the former into the latter...

Nate

·
Registered
36 Posts
Super easy, just as described above! Of course, its even easier to do when you have a video!
Found this on Youtube, watch it at around 00:25 or so:

Good luck!
Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
ODY Cabin Filter 5 minutes

"Easiest thing to to. Pop open glove box by releasing the glove box shock absorber arm, remove the two bump stoppers from sides of glovebox and flip glovebox right down and you will see cabin filter. Change filter and assemble in reverse order. Takes all but about five minutes of your day."

Yes, it took all of 5 minutes once I read how. Be carefull to press the cabin filter tray tabs inward and not outward or else you will break a tab.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just purchased a Fram in cabin filter from Walmart today. I think it was the 10134. ~$20 with a $3 rebate from Fram. $17 isnt bad i guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts