Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 95 odyssey, it doesn't come with tach, but I found a 96 TL cluster with wire, all connector at the back are the same as my odyssey cluster, does any one done any conversion like this one, and I m looking for 96 tl cluster diagram. the 96 tl cluster looks exactly like the 96 accorrd, but tl cluster more easy to convert to 95 odyssey.

·
Registered
103 Posts
im doing that swap now. actually 2 weeks ago i found the 95 tl when i was in the junkyard looking for an accord cluster. its the same size and curve of glass is the same as an accord. i have the wiring diagram of both cars and matched everything. about 50 some odd wires. i think the connectors are the same so all i have to do is depinn and move wires. maybe extend some. i'm doing it this weekend. i'll let you know how it goes. BTW, the numbers look better on the TL cluster than the accord.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice TL wire diagram, this is what I want, and I got the 97 odyssey diagram already, thanks :) let me know how it goes. BTW also I found the cd and carsette, radio unit from the same 96 TL, it perfect fit my odyssey, connector same, sound very nice, but this CD player won't read cd, with error CDOPER, and I did opened it and clean the laser lens, it still not working, any idea how to fix it??

·
Registered
103 Posts
sorry i don't know anything about fixin the cd player. mine came stock with the cassette and cd player. its honda but it says isuzu on it! i took it out last week to put in a flip screen dvd player. you know wats nice though? the 2001 accord 6 disc indash cd player with cassette. my dad has it in his accord. waiting till he sells his car so i can take it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i'll try and take pics. i'm going to start it saturday morning. i'm doin it at work so i'll be in a heated garage. oh yeah there's one wire you have to add. the tach signal. you can run a wire thru your firewall to the distributor (but that's the hard way). you can also run it to the computer (thats wat i'm doin). i believe its pin 2 on the "c" connector. but check your wiring diagram. i also think there's a tach test connector somewhere by the firewall on the engine side. but not too sure about that one. and the tach signal wire is Blue. Also, trace the wires to the component (i.e mil light, seatbelt light etc. ) it controls. because some colors are the same but, some are different. good luck! i'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, you re so lucky, got the heated garage, we re - 15 C right now, ice cold here, I can not work on it, I hope it will warm up soon, good luck with your !

·
Registered
103 Posts
done and everything looks like its working! took about 4 hrs start to finish. few things i ran into. ecu does not have a wire going into connector c pin 2 for tach. ran a wire to tach test connector in the engine bay. i'll post a pic of the location. connector c on the tl cluster you don't use c8 its for DRL in canada. wire that lights up D4 on the odyssey you don't use. it's wired internally in the tl cluster already. and connector c on the tl cluster pin 12. black wire has to be spliced into the black wire on the yellow connector. odyssey has one pin that is ground thru that wire and tl cluster has 2 pins. i'll post pics on monday!

·
Registered
103 Posts
heres the wiring mess. all i did was depinn the old connector 1 by 1 and place into acura connectors. make sure you label which connector is which . a, b, and c. odyssey or tl connector. it could easily get confusing if you dont. i didn't extend any wires they all reached but driver's side connector was real tight after everything was done. i will revisit that at a later date when i have time. Wire Electrical wiring Auto part Vehicle Technology

·
Registered
103 Posts
i ran the tach wire over the engine in a loom and zip tied to a pipe. then ran it into the driver's side grommet. next to the brake booster. Auto part Engine Vehicle Car
Auto part

·
Registered
103 Posts
took these pics with my phone from POKER's thread so i could cut the trim with the picture next to me. Thanks POKER for your writeup on the accord install. it helped alot when trimming the dash. you have to eyeball it but it came out ok. Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper
Electronics Technology Netbook Electronic device Multimedia

·
Registered
103 Posts
here's it wired up and tested. all lights and gauges work. and also installed. it fits snug in there. but still looks tilted to me so i'll fix it when i have time. PM me if you have questions. best thing is my wife likes it too. numbers look more stylish than the accord and connectors are much more easier to rewire. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Odometer Gauge
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gauge Speedometer

·
Registered
103 Posts
sorry my scanner wont scan so i just took a picture with my phone. hope this helps you guys. pm me if anything is confusing. it's kind of a mess. also another note. since there maybe wiring differences between model years, use this as a reference for your specific wiring diagram. always double check your wiring. the wiring arrangement for my year may not necessarily be the same as yours. so just check it over. oh yeah A8 doesn't go to anything. Text Handwriting Font Document Writing
Text Handwriting Document Font Paper

Text Handwriting Document Paper Font

·
Registered
98 Posts
a honda in the junker with less than 100k..
a phone pic of a picture already online..
...ah jersey :DD

looks good tho nice work mate!

·
Registered
18 Posts
looks like im gonna be doing this to mine soon.good job

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for paving the way on this mod. Just picked up a 95 Odyssey to toy around with for my growing family and Im considering a V-Tec and a few aesthetic upgrades. With this Odyssey/TL speedometer mod were there any problems with the correct speedometer reading? I've done some speedometer swaps on different Makes with the same plugs for different models and the speedometer readings were off. Also you had mentioned the cluster seemed to be sitting tilted, did the cluster sit flush in the panel housing at the correct angle? If it doesnt sit flush I'll probably put the cluster back in with the LED replacement bulbs hopefully getting a more vibrant look.

·
Registered
18 Posts
my bad if i resurected this thread but i will be doing this swap soon.i have extra clusters with plugs fs if someone wants to do this swap.i will post when im done with mine.it will be in my 95 ex

1 - 20 of 40 Posts