Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - sad day here. We have a 1-car carport and we park really close to the passenger side to give more room on the driver side.

While holding my kid, I accidentally held the passenger sliding door button and the door opened, rubbed along the side of the garage and closed when it hit enough resistance. This left some unsightly scratches on the door.

So I'm looking to fix the door, and then disconnect the motor so it won't happen again. We'll just manually use that door 'til we move. No biggie.

Anyone know how to disconnect the power to the passenger sliding door motor? (2008 Touring)

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Isn't the switch on the dash enough? Keep it in the OFF position and the door won't work using the buttons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to disable the power drivers side door. We use that all the time. I just don't want the passenger side door to be power operated in the accidental event we hit the wrong button. We park so close to the passenger side in the carport to give us room to walk around the van to the alley.

Any known ways to disable the one door?

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
In that case, how about looking at page 477 of your owner's manual. It has the fuse locations. Plull the passenger side fuse perhaps?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great idea!

I took out the 40A fuse and it does pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for the tip and the creativity!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts