Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchase a used 04 Odyssey that still had 1 year left on the extended warranty (and 6k miles left with $100 ded). I've never had to use an extended warranty before.

Whats the best way to get failed parts and components to be covered? Should I take it to the stealership and have them do an inspection?

BTW for anyone familiar with AUL administrators, it is the Estate Coverage.

TIA

·
Registered
129 Posts
I recently purchase a used 04 Odyssey that still had 1 year left on the extended warranty (and 6k miles left with $100 ded). I've never had to use an extended warranty before.

Whats the best way to get failed parts and components to be covered? Should I take it to the stealership and have them do an inspection?

BTW for anyone familiar with AUL administrators, it is the Estate Coverage.

TIA
When you purchased the van did you pay a $50.00 transfer fee and follow the transfer procedures on page 4 of your AUL Vehicle Service Contract booklet? If not you have 30 days from the sale date to do so. If you have any issues with the van you can take it to any Honda dealer and they should fix it for you. Some dealers will charge you for an inspection if there is "nothing wrong" with the van right now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you purchased the van did you pay a $50.00 transfer fee and follow the transfer procedures on page 4 of your AUL Vehicle Service Contract booklet? If not you have 30 days from the sale date to do so. If you have any issues with the van you can take it to any Honda dealer and they should fix it for you. Some dealers will charge you for an inspection if there is "nothing wrong" with the van right now.
Thank you for the transfer info. I have completed the warranty transfer a couple of weeks after the purchase. I am getting that whining noise (some people on this forum mentioned it might have to do with the transmission) and when I back out of my driveway I can noises from the rear wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts