Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems the 'shiny' armorall look is out. What do you use to keep the interior of your vans looking and smelling fresh & dust-free?

Its amazing how much dust has already begun to accumulate in my car! Dead-skin flakes? YIPE YIPE YIPE! Isn't that what 85% of all household dust consists of?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
303 Protectant. Non-greasy, satin finish, long lasting. Great for lubing the headrest shafts, especially the rear ones that have to be removed to fold the seat.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good morning, Chuck! Happy 4th!

What about wiping it down? Microfiber cloths? Johnson & Johnson 'dust-wipes'?

------------------
-Marvyn
2001 SS EX-NAVI
floor mats * mud flaps * cargo tray * leather steering wheel wrap * Blaupunkt 652 speakers * blue 'super bright' headlights

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
GOOD MORNING!! HAPPY 4th!

I don't use anything but MF towels anymore for anything, except greasy cleanup. Then it's just paper towels or old cotton socks or dishtowels. Everything else gets the MF treatment.

My family thinks I'm nuts (they're probably right) because I've been preaching the merits of these things for months. They laugh because I suggest the MFs for all cleaning chores. They laugh, but I notice they use them with no complaints!

Have a happy day.

------------------
Chuck

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 07-04-2001).]

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Actions speak louder than words, huh? Ok, I'm off to get some mfs. I've been convinced; I just keep forgetting to look for them when I'm out shopping. I'll run by Target today & see if I can't find a 'starter kit'. :p

Beautiful morning here w/ my morning coffee; I'm 'paying bills' (and monitoring the forums
) in the few minutes of peace before the kids are up & wanting attenion.

------------------
Marvyn
2001 SS EX-NAVI
floor mats * mud flaps * cargo tray * leather steering wheel wrap * Blaupunkt 652 speakers * blue 'super bright' headlights

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I'm on my way out with my brother to find him a digital camera (I hope). It's been a long search for him. I hope we're successful. Have a good one.

------------------
Chuck

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
It seems the 'shiny' armorall look is out. What do you use to keep the interior of your vans looking and smelling fresh & dust-free?

Its amazing how much dust has already begun to accumulate in my car! Dead-skin flakes? YIPE YIPE YIPE! Isn't that what 85% of all household dust consists of?
</font>

To maybe protect the top of the dash I guess you could use the dash cover they sell a www.handa-accessories.com

Happy 4th everyone!
-nemogira

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find that the original "California Car Duster" works the best. It's great for getting right up to the windshield without getting the windshield itself smudged. It also has some kind of wax in the fibers so it leaves a bit of shine on the dash (nowhere near the shine like Armorall - just enough to look great!) It will last you at least a couple of years. I have the "dash duster".

Check it out:

http://www.calcarduster.com/ccdc/index.html?t=347

I'll never use anything but this duster in my Ody.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts