Honda Odyssey Forum banner

How to protect light colored flooring?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ody 
#1 ·
After garaging my 02 MB EX-L RES to avoid those egg throwing, shaving cream spraying Halloweeners, my wife will be ready to install our two child seats tomorrow and start our Ody experience. The Ivory leather is beautiful and I've seen some recommendations for seat protectors.

Can anyone offer any advice, web-sites for products to protect the floor mats? They're very light colored, and certainly will be ruined after the first rainfall.

Thanks for your help!

#2 ·
I've always used Weathertech mats. This time, I simply removed the carpeted mats (stuck them under the bed--they're HUGE) and replaced them with the Weathertech.

There's a discussion here about good places to get them. I got a full set, all three rows, for $129 shipped. I forget exactly where, but it's in the discussion here somewhere.

#4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by adam1991:
I've always used Weathertech mats. This time, I simply removed the carpeted mats (stuck them under the bed--they're HUGE) and replaced them with the Weathertech.

There's a discussion here about good places to get them. I got a full set, all three rows, for $129 shipped. I forget exactly where, but it's in the discussion here somewhere.
</font>
http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000144.html

#5 ·
Short-term is to flip the mats over and use the vinyl side.
I got the 10.00 set from Target which match the interior of my Redrock--(Grey) They fit flat over the mats in frontso the feet don't drag em over.

Long term would be the Weathermats, but we don't have snow here.

------------------

#7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BeachBumOdy:
I've seen some recommendations for seat protectors.

Can anyone offer any advice, web-sites for products
</font>
Can you state where you found the seat protectors - I would like to get these as well. Thanks!

#8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by viskha:
Can you state where you found the seat protectors - I would like to get these as well. Thanks!</font>
Go to "search" and type in seat covers. That'll bring you to the proper links. My wife just purchased the seat covers yesterday at Babies-R-Us. They're relatively inexpensive and hopefully will prove to be well worth it.

#9 ·
The grey Weathertech mats are excellent-match my Quartz interior perfectly!
Unfortunatly, I only got the front and 2nd row from MacNeil-didn't know there was a 3rd row set available until reading this thread! Just ordered the 3rd row from roadworksauto.com but I don't get free shipping because I only ordered one item

These mats don't cover the entry to the van from the side doors however, for that I use the clear vinyl carpet protector cut to shape from Home Depot.
Works great!

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, Bug deflector, lampguards, gold emblems, 17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires (Some installed, some in the garage, some on the way!)
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.