Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a broken TPMS sensor and replaced it with another one and tried to do the recalibration on dash of the van as honda told me to do but it doesn't seem our van has that option. Now Honda will not return calls. How can I go about recalibrating the sensors myself without taking it into Honda or a tire store? My wife has the vehicle but I think it is a 2014 exl if I remember correctly. Thank you

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Unless you have the tools to work on TPMS, you can't. Whoever replaced the sensor for you should be fixing that for you for free. Sometimes the programming doesn't take the first time and it needs to be redone.

It's not a big deal but it is a seriously unnecessary pain in the ass for you - that should have been test-driven by the shop and confirmed complete before they ever called you to get it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you have the tools to work on TPMS, you can't. Whoever replaced the sensor for you should be fixing that for you for free. Sometimes the programming doesn't take the first time and it needs to be redone.

It's not a big deal but it is a seriously unnecessary pain in the ass for you - that should have been test-driven by the shop and confirmed complete before they ever called you to get it.
What tool do I need? I installed the sensor myself and am trying to keep from having to take it in to dealership but if I have to I will.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Oh - I see. I wasn't clear on that.

TPMS programming is done through the OBD II port, so something like a Ateq Quikset or an Autel TS508 would be helpful. But if this is a one-off job that you don't expect to do often (or again) it might be cheaper to just take the van to a tire shop and have them program it for you. You don't need to go to a Honda dealership - any halfway decent shop should be able to do it in a few minutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh - I see. I wasn't clear on that.

TPMS programming is done through the OBD II port, so something like a Ateq Quikset or an Autel TS508 would be helpful. But if this is a one-off job that you don't expect to do often (or again) it might be cheaper to just take the van to a tire shop and have them program it for you. You don't need to go to a Honda dealership - any halfway decent shop should be able to do it in a few minutes.
Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts