Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this forum. :) I have 2003 Odyssey and need to remove the cowl cover to clean the accumulated small leaves etc. behind it. I tried the search but haven't found anything yet. Please help. If there is an instruction with photos that will be great. Thanks very much!

·
Registered
6,074 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Dad New Van said:
You should replace the cabin filter and clean out the debris in that area periodically (if not done so yet).

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17081&highlight=cabin+filter

As for the cowl - l am sure it can be removed but AFAIK it has not been discussed here before.
Thanks! I did see a thread about changing the cabin filter and also a photo album. The process looks a bit challenging. My dealer did the change not too long ago. (Hope they really did it.) For the cowl cover maybe I will start by removing the bolt covers and using some kind of long reach grabber to get some of the leaves out. It would be nice to remove the entire cover to do a thorough cleaning though.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
There appears to be about a half dozen bolt covers to remove the cowl, along with the wipers. Maybe like you said, just remove one or 2 of the bolts to access the area to remove the leaves etc.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Be careful, the screws are only part of the problem.

Take out the screws and take off the wiper arms, then slide the cover upward(I think) toward the roof. If you pull it straight up away from the body you'll break some fingers that hold it in place.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just removed mine today. Really easy, just take your time. There are 3 small round plastic peg/plugs that need to be removed; pry them up with a small screwdriver then pull them completely out. Remove the bolt from each wiper (mark the location so you can orient them properly). Get your fingers under the upper part of the cowling and gently work them along the windsheild, you will hear "pop" as you get each tab removed. Go slowly and be careful. The plastic tabs will break rather easily. Once the top is loose, remove the lower portion by popping the line of rubber weatherstripping across the entire lower cowl. You'll need to also disconnect the plastic holder for the wiper fluid line. That's it, no bolts other than the 2 holding each wiper arm.
Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ventuje said:
Just removed mine today. Really easy, just take your time. There are 3 small round plastic peg/plugs that need to be removed; pry them up with a small screwdriver then pull them completely out. Remove the bolt from each wiper (mark the location so you can orient them properly). Get your fingers under the upper part of the cowling and gently work them along the windsheild, you will hear "pop" as you get each tab removed. Go slowly and be careful. The plastic tabs will break rather easily. Once the top is loose, remove the lower portion by popping the line of rubber weatherstripping across the entire lower cowl. You'll need to also disconnect the plastic holder for the wiper fluid line. That's it, no bolts other than the 2 holding each wiper arm.
Good luck.
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody replaced the cowl? I saw the other (older) thread indicating that the cowl may be warped since original purchase. So, I'm thinking replacement would be uncommon.

I just had the dealer recommend that I replace mine since it's warped and that allows leaves into the blower. This has typically been a pretty good service department for me over the years. But, I'm thinking they may be reaching on this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts