Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove the bottom panel under the rear driver's side. Three retaining clips (then a ten mm bolt and a screw), the pull out the middle kind, same as on the engine compartment trim. But these are old and brittle and the plastic just breaks instead of pulling out the middle.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
1,950 Posts
Just break them and replace them. There's not much any of us can do to rejuvenate aged, brittle plastic. It is what it is. Those clips lead a hard life down there.

A couple of bucks at the dealership or your local auto parts shop ought to do it.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
The other problem besides getting brittle is all of the road grit that gets into those push pins and doesn't let them slide out. I have the best luck popping the pin up slightly with a large screwdriver then prying them out with a side cutters being careful not to squeeze enough to cut the pin. Once you get the hang of it most of them can be saved and reused, but not always.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Look for the clips with a metal retainer built into the clip. Very strong and much better than the all plastic EBAY specials.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Look for them in Amazon, you can get 100 of them for like $9.
you can get most on amazon in kits except the ones with the metal inserts in them that go into body points.
i destroyed one today while reoving the lower crank cover when replacing my timing belt.
will get some at the stealership.

·
Registered
617 Posts
you can get most on amazon in kits except the ones with the metal inserts in them that go into body points.
i destroyed one today while reoving the lower crank cover when replacing my timing belt.
will get some at the stealership.
Would this one work for u ?. I got a bag a few months ago.@Ticket

·
Registered
674 Posts
well damn...
That's perfect!

I stole the busted one for the crank cover from the intake inlet.

will order these to complete my amazon plastic clip collection.

thanks!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Yes these work great!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yes these work great!
im in kanada... had to buy them from ebay.ca.
got 3 packs of 20, same part number for 13 bux USD delivered from our chicom overlords.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts