Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any links/threads that may have schematics or DIY instructions for removing:
1. the silver trim around the door windows (just the bottom part) - is it just double sided tape?
2. removing the anti-door ding strip that is 1/3 up the doors - is it just double sided tape?
3. removing the rear and front door door handles
4. removing the upper flap (that covers the rear door rail in the rear quarter panel)
5. loosening one side of the rear bumper to create a gap between the rear quarter body panel.

I have a scratch going down the entire side of the van and want to get it repainted (it won't buff out - it is down to the actual metal). But most paint shops simply tape around these parts as opposed to removing them. I want it to not look like a cheap job so I want to remove these parts so that they can paint the whole panel properly - so that the tape marks will not be visible. Especially evident after a few years when it starts to peal away at those spots.

I'm paying this out of pocket so can't spend 2K on it at some really good shop that would do all of the removal & assembly. That is why I want to take it to a medium shop but I want remove these parts so that they don't paint around them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone know of any links/threads that may have schematics or DIY instructions for removing:
1. the silver trim around the door windows (just the bottom part) - is it just double sided tape?
2. removing the anti-door ding strip that is 1/3 up the doors - is it just double sided tape?
3. removing the rear and front door door handles
4. removing the upper flap (that covers the rear door rail in the rear quarter panel)
5. loosening one side of the rear bumper to create a gap between the rear quarter body panel.

xtnct,

I only know offhand how to remove the "anti-door ding strip", so hopefully other forum members will be able to help you out with the other DIY jobs :)

There are two clips on each respective doors that have to be removed in order for the strips to come off. Use an appropriate prying tool to remove the clips, then the Front Door Protector Strips will come off. The clips are shown as ref #7 in the diagram below:

*diagram courtesy of gmpartsgiant.com; all rights reserved

1 - 3 of 3 Posts