Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a link ti video how to replace the serpentine belt on Odyssey 2000 LX?

Thanks, Levon

·
Registered
463 Posts
I do not know about any video, but it is pretty straight forward.
If you are interested in how to do it, with the right tool to relieve the tension, you just pull the belt off and replace it. There are instructions in this forum. Just keep your fingers out of the way, and it helps to have a helper to remove the belt while you hold off the tension. You might take a digital picture beforehand in case you need a reminder about how the belt was installed before you pulled it off. Some auto parts stores will loan you the tool, but some do it with a wrench. Good luck. Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom,

Based on your answer I assume that releasing the tension is enough and I do not need to take apart anything to be able to remove and install the belt.

Thanks again,
Levon

·
Registered
463 Posts
It has been a year since I did it, so I am not positive, but I do not recall having to take anything else off. If our van was here I would look to be sure. Good luck. Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was quite easy to do - need to have long enough wrench to loosen the tensioner and another one to remove and install the belt.

Regards, Levon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts