Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 yr old was playing in my 2006 Honda Odyssey and did something and triggered my alarm system now it won't shut off. We unhooked the battery and when we hooked it back up it started going off again. We took out the horn fuse and that stopped it but we couldn't put it in reverse. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it without spending an arm and a leg?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
My 3 yr old was playing in my 2006 Honda Odyssey and did something and triggered my alarm system now it won't shut off. We unhooked the battery and when we hooked it back up it started going off again. We took out the horn fuse and that stopped it but we couldn't put it in reverse. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it without spending an arm and a leg?
Try opening and solidly closing the hood.
Perhaps your 3 yr old pulled the hood release latch.
I would at least try this since it is quick, easy and free to try.
Buffalo4
PS: Also try hitting the Open button on your FOB. Try them all. :eek:

·
Registered
13,618 Posts
Indeed, once the alarm is going off, you must use the key fob to disarm. You may actually also be able to disarm by using the key in the driver's door. If, after doing all that I would also check that hood latch.
And, needless to say, leaving 3 year old unattended is asking for trouble. You are lucky a trip to ER or child protective services was not involved somehow. Either can happen quite innocently. Having kids is not easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts