Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchase a 2011 ex-l and I love it. I just can't figure out how to turn off the rear air from the front. I know you can turn it off from the rear control panel in the second row, but does anyone know how to turn it off from the main console up front?

Thanks.

Ps. I too get the battery low message. Dealer replaced battery and it was fine for the night then this morning it came back on.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I don't think there is the ability toturn off the rear air from the front. You have the ability to sync the rear's air with the front so you can have the same temperature and fan speed, but there does not appear to be a dedicated button to completely turn off the rear air while the front is still on.

It looks like the only way it can be done is as you mention...from the rear only.

:(

Take a look at the manual's diagram of the temperature controls:

·
Registered
49 Posts
See page 231 in the manual:
To turn the rear system completely
off, press the ON/OFF button on the
rear control panel or press and hold
the REAR LOCK button on the front
control panel for more than 2
seconds.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yep, Gen 3 had a rear fan control, a feature not sure why they took away. Very useful when picking up wet and cold soccer kids, or for getting circulation back there when carrying the stinkies, like garbage or gasoline tanks.

I can't find a moonroof tilt option on this van either, but have not tried hard.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yep, Gen 3 had a rear fan control, a feature not sure why they took away. Very useful when picking up wet and cold soccer kids, or for getting circulation back there when carrying the stinkies, like garbage or gasoline tanks.
That's a funny thing to take away, front dash's rear fan control switch (btwn driver and rear temp switches):

I find it very handy to have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks!

See page 231 in the manual:
To turn the rear system completely
off, press the ON/OFF button on the
rear control panel or press and hold
the REAR LOCK button on the front
control panel for more than 2
seconds.
Thank you for sending this as i was wondering the same thing! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts