Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to view a dvd on the navi screen. It would be nice for the front pasenger to watch a movie while travelling.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You must be thinking of that other dimension where governments trust people to drive responsibly.

Maybe if Honda sold square tires as a factory installed accessory...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone know how to view a dvd on the navi screen. It would be nice for the front pasenger to watch a movie while travelling.
We don't have the NAVI in our EX-L, but we have the screen. The CD player does not recognize DVDs, so I am fairly sure there is no way to do this by that route. I don't think you can input it through any USB ports either, but I haven't tested that yet.

jrs

·
Super Moderator
13,838 Posts
Moved to the dedicated audio/video/NAV forum. OP, there are several generic non model specific forums here at Odyclub. Please check them out and try and post in correct forums to prevent future threads from getting locked due to them being in the wrong forums.

As to the answer, in the prior gen, you could buy a device and make the DVDs show up on the NAV screen but 2011 is simply too new for any discussions on the topic yet so for now, I'd assume it can't be done till a trailblazer tries it out on an Ody or on another model that uses the same audio/video/NAV system as a 2011 ody.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You must be thinking of that other dimension where governments trust people to drive responsibly.

Maybe if Honda sold square tires as a factory installed accessory...
Oh great another do gooder that can't read! Did I say driver or passenger?
Thanks for the meaningless reply though

·
Registered
755 Posts
Some of the 3rd gen owners have done it with success. I'm curious if this is possible too.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
:D

Since the Canadian government has not banned this practice and you seem to be a trust-able driver who won't hear or see what the front passenger is watching while you drive, here are a couple of ideas (note: not proven for the 4th gen Odyssey, but you are welcome to try them out and let us know :tongue:)

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/11-audio-video-security-navigation/24842-dvd-2005-nav-display-yes.html

http://www.navtool.com/odyssey3.aspx

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for the meaningless reply though
I was just trying to be funny, sheesh.

The comment wasn't directed at you at all. I was trying to make fun of the situation that causes car companies to make this modification harder than it should be. :rollingeyes:

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I was looking in my brochure I got the week before I bought mine and shows a movie playing on the front display
I think I found it, it is the wallpaper (page 6 of the brochure)

The 8-inch navigation display
shows audio-system information,
as well as the second- and
third-row media sources. The
screen can also be used to show
wallpaper images (available on
EX-L, standard on Touring models).

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/2011/odyssey/downloads/2011-odyssey-brochure.pdf

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was looking in my brochure I got the week before I bought mine and shows a movie playing on the front display
Nice case of marketing fine print. I guess you're lucky the rear screen isn't also just a digital picture frame.

Only a matter of time before someone demonstrates a hack that allows this.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have the nav2go in my TL, nothing for 2011 odyssey yet.

I also thought I saw in some brochure the front screen Playing a video. I think it was just a wallpaper though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Received an email from sales to confirm this product (DVI HA_HDD) is intended for 2011-up Odyssey as well. Below is an installation video on Acura TL. Was told it's the same procedure as shown in the video for Odyssey. Was also assured that, in addition to it's additional inputs, it can also mirror whatever is being played on the rear screen.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts