Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just got my Odyssey and am thinking of adding subwoofer. As iam novice i am just wondering how easy to install subwoofer myself.Any help/info appreciated..

Bytheway I donot have anything installed underseats so far.

Thanksss

'02 Odyssey-EX-L-RES-GG
nothing added so far.

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by seeyoo:
Hi,
I just got my Odyssey and am thinking of adding subwoofer. As iam novice i am just wondering how easy to install subwoofer myself.Any help/info appreciated..

Bytheway I donot have anything installed underseats so far.

Thanksss

'02 Odyssey-EX-L-RES-GG
nothing added so far.

</font>

If you're talking an aftermarket subwoofer, it's pretty much up to your imagination as to were you put it. The installation should be fairly straight forward but that would depend on how fancy you want to get.

If you're talking about the Honda factory subwoofer, it's installation is easy enough for anyone with average mechanical skills. You'll be limited to under the drivers seat because that's where the factory wiring loom is designed to go. I'm assuming the '02's are no different than the earlier models. When I installed the Kelton on my '01 LX, the physically hardest part was removing the drivers seat to mount the sub. The mentally hardest part was drilling that hole in the dash to mount the sub's on/off switch. It wasn't really that hard to do, I just get nervous when I'm drilling through a "very" visible trim panal.

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

[This message has been edited by Intrepid175 (edited 12-02-2001).]

·
Registered
483 Posts
There is no difference in installing the Kelton sub between the 2001 and 2002. It's exactly the same.

However, instead of installing the swtich in the front panel, I relocated it to the left where the remote mirror/TCS/Cruise switches were. Had to modify the wiring harness to move the switch wire. There should be another mod to the switch if anyone is interested since I broke the switch doing the above procedure.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Try searching the A/V Forum for "subwoofer". Alot of stuff should come up. As Steve said, aftermarket is limiteless to your imagination. Check the Gallery for Videonavi's bazooka and Djdro34's JL box. Other have mentioned under middle row seats, under 3rd row, mounted to 3rd row, custom center console sub, spare tire well sub, etc....
Good Luck,
SJ

------------------
-SJ (former username: shinjohn)
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts