Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Odyssey with 172000 miles and recently noticed surging at idle when the car was warmed up. Read several posts about this problem and the suggestion was to check the IACV and possibly clean it. Not knowing where it was I looked around and think I found it. Anyway: started engine and got surging. Disconnected wires to what I thought was the IACV and started engine, it surged a couple times, coughed and then leveled off nicely. Reconnected and it runs smoothly. Now I have a "Check engine light" on which I don't know what to do with since I don't have a way of checking a code. Any suggestions short of "take it to a mechanic" would be appreciated. By the way, where exactly is the IACV on a 2001 Odyssey anyway? The part I messed with is on the driver's side in front on the lower portion of the intake down toward the bottom. A picture would be a great help. Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would disconnect the battery for about 10-20 minutes. If this doesn't clear the code, go to a local auto parts store that will loan you a code reader for free. The code reader can also clear codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts