Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of people are undecided on which floor liners to select for their new Odyssey. I looked at the OEM, and I decided I wanted something with more of a lip for protection. I also preferred a color other than all black rubber.
This left me with a decision between the Weathertech and the Husky Liners. I've had some experience with the Weathertech, but I had not tried Husky liners before. After reading many positive reviews on Husky liners, I chose the Husky liners for our Odyssey.

Vehicle: 2012 Honda Odyssey EX
Exterior: Smoky Topaz
Interior: Truffle
Husky Weatherbeater Liners: 1st Row, 2nd Row, 3rd Row, Cargo
Vendor: #1 Reseller of HID Conversion Kits and HID Kits since 2001!
Install Time: 20 minutes
Install Difficulty: Simple (If you can fill up your gas tank, you can do this)

I ordered the Husky Liners from #1 Reseller of HID Conversion Kits and HID Kits since 2001! on a Monday evening, and I was surprised to see them delivered on Friday (Ohio). The shipping label showed they originated out of Kansas.

Since I bought 4 sets, I received 4 boxes. The boxes are surprisingly large with the floor mats in the flatter boxes.

Pictures for all the install below.
You will need to remove the oem carpeted mats prior to install in order to get the best fit.
The only things to look out for on the removal is the front and second row seats have 3 and 2 mat hooks respectively. The mat hooks are small and plastic, and I imagine they can break if pulled on. Also, the factory driver's side front mat has a lip that goes under the door sill. Other than that, the mats should come out without any issue. You will probably want to move your seats forward and/or back to give the row the most room when removing and installing.

For installation of the new mats, they all form fit their respective row. When they come out of the package, they may show some wrinkling or creases from packaging. The directions suggest putting a book on the corners for a few hours to help flatten. I just parked the van in the sun to let them soften and flatten. (they are not flattened in the pics)
Note: The front liners are in 3 pieces. There is the driver's side, passenger side and a middle piece that fits over the lip of the driver's and passenger side.

Impressions: I'm very satisfied with the fitment and quality of the mats. They are a much thinner, more pliable plastic than the thick rubber all weather mats. This means more space for you! We chose the gray mats for our Truffle interior. The gray is far from a perfect match vs. the dark gray Truffle, but they seem to look fine when installed. I know I prefer the gray over the black (tan not an option).

Truffle vs. Gray Color Comparisson:

Cargo Installed:

3rd Row Installed:

2nd Row Installed:

Front Row Installed:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have not had liners, but understand they are thinner than a standard all weather mat - intentionally so. They are more like a tray than a mat. Not sure how they would feel under foot, but they should be great for retaining all fluids and melted snow, etc. Those that have them seem to swear by the design of a liner. Have not seen or used them personally, so I can't comment personally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
from the picture, it looks thin and cheap, especially the first row center..
I wouldn't associate thin with cheap. The rubber mats at Target for $20 are thick and cheap.

Form fitting and durable are what they are intended to be. This will prevent sliding and retention of liquids and mud.

Nice pics.
Husky's has some good coverage from the pictures.
Were the Weathertech the same grey color or darker?
The Weathertech gray is essentially the same color.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have Husky in one vehicle and Weathertech in another.
They are both great products but I do prefer the Husky.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone
Scott

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
A.VOID,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post up such a detailed review of the Husky WeatherBeater Liners. I am glad that you are happy with the fit and with the quality of the product. Are there any issues with moving the second row at all?

Steve

·
Registered
218 Posts
what kind of review is this with a name A.VOID and a subject BEWARE???

Is this a joke that I missed?
56k means beware of huge pics. Some peoples computers can't handle the download.

As far as his screen name? Ask him. I have no idea. Thats his thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thoughts after a few days >>>>

Passed the wife test which is the most difficult of all. She approves of color and believes the mats will protect the interior.

I need to get out and play with the seats some to see how they work with the floor mats. I don't anticipate any issues with moving the seats since the mats form fit the seat mounts to the floor. I will update my findings this weekend.

Line name has been A.VOID for as long as I've been on the internet. :)
I was speaking with a friend who owns an '08 who mentioned how their cargo space got nice and stained since they didn't use a liner. I was in that same position with our MY 00, so I knew better this time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Too bad they don't make this style to fit my 08. Steve, how long does it take from processing to receiving weathertechs?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Hey Guys,

A.VOID: Thanks for the feedback. Happy wife = Happy Life =)

Minja: Usually it take about a week. We process orders same day or next day depending on when the order comes in. Unfortunately, WeatherTech is slow at getting us tracking information. In some cases customers actually get the products before we get the tracking numbers.... Did you place an order with us already?

Steve

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Guys,

A.VOID: Thanks for the feedback. Happy wife = Happy Life =)

Minja: Usually it take about a week. We process orders same day or next day depending on when the order comes in. Unfortunately, WeatherTech is slow at getting us tracking information. In some cases customers actually get the products before we get the tracking numbers.... Did you place an order with us already?

Steve
yes i did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts