Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 10 hour trip, heading 3 hours to my parents to stay for a few days then another 7 hours... We get about halfway to my parents and the A/C (which was set on auto) just isn't blowing much air out of the vents. I turn the A/C to "on", crank up the fan, and it comes on briefly, turn it back down because the wife is cold...

A few minutes later it's getting stupid hot again so I turn it up and now it's barely blowing anything even on full blast. I turn the outside vent on, no change...

The A/C ever since I had it recharged has been dripping a little bit of water on the passenger's feet when it's on, presumably due to humidity... is it possible the A/C condenser froze some water on the vent side and is now just clogged with ice?

Or possibly something somewhere is clogged with heaven knows what...

Anyone have any ideas on what this is? I'm sitting in the car right now on a laptop via my blackberry (that's nice), about to pull into my parents place, and am not quite sure where to start, don't want to bust something trying to diagnose. I presume the blower motor is at the passenger's feet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looks like it was just ice, let it set for a few hours and it blows for now... apparently when air blows over the condenser too slow, the water can freeze and build up as frost and ice.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Get the charge checked. When it gets low the temp at the evaporator gets very cold and it ices up. Also check the drain hose as it is probably blocked.

When posting please give the year and model. There are differences when diagnosing the problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have the drain hose checked. It literally was just filled with I think 2 lbs of refrigerant (whatever it takes, a 2001 EX model)

·
Registered
46 Posts
In addition to what's been suggested, it may be time to change the cabin filter and clean the crud (decayed leaves) out of the evaporator housing. If water is dripping on the passenger's feet it may indicate the evaporator housing drain is plugged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts