Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my VIN today! The production date on our 2002 RP EX was 9/15. I called the dealer today to see if they had any new information but my salesman was out to lunch. I talked to the Sales Manager and he did indeed have my VIN. He said that he had just received the info earlier that morning. He said that by now is should be in transit. I checked the BNSF web site and sure enough, it was not only in transit, it had arrived at its destination. Honda ships them by rail to Kansas City and then they are trucked the last 120 miles. The train arrived in KC around noon today and it looks like it will be unloaded tomorrow. I can't believe the four months of waiting is almost over. I just purchased a new digital camera for work so I will post pictures as soon as I get behind the wheel.

When I told the sales manager that my Ody was actually in KC he wanted to know how I knew that. He had no idea that you could track a vehicle via the web. I've said all along that I knew more about the 2002's than the dealer did. All due to the great forums on the ODYCLUB web site.

Thanks again to all,

-John

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats John !!

We too received our VIN number today for our order on a 2002 GG EX.
Our dealer advised us that the van is shipped by train from Canada to Buffalo N.Y. From there it is shipped by car carrier to Western, PA.
If I knew the website for the rail company I might be able to track it closer. BSNF didn't work.
We might see it by the end of next week.

Were getting closer every day !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts