Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week, I was going to this party and this guy with a truck rear ended me.. it was a collision at about 10mph.. his foot was on the brake when he hit me..
I didnt see much of damage.. I could see his number plates lightly imprinted on my bumper..

In day light I looked to see if the bumper had gone inside.. but the lines at the wheel well and every where else looked perfect.. almost like nothing happened

I noticed one issue though.. the lift gate light came on and stays on most of the time.. ocassionally, it goes away.. but if I open the lift gate and try to close it, the latch doesnt seem to catch using my remote. However if I press the auto lock on the door, then the lock would hold the lift gate. I also think that there might be something rattling at the gate although i cant be sure.

The lift gate light is now perpetually on.. I disabled the interior lights off so my battery wont go dead

When I shut the lift gate, it closes fine, just the lock wont "click" in place when I use the remote

any idea how I can get it fixed on the cheap? I suspect the electrical contacts are not touching near the latch but I cant be certain

THe estimate to fix it all came to $1200.. I am thinking of just keeping the money that the other party insurance company sent to me to cover the damage and using it for a new car at some point.. My Odyssey has about 90K miles on it

thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
It might not be just that. I had a similar incident in a parking lot when someone rear-ended my van. I did not realize the extent of the damage until it started raining and water started to leak from the hatch area. The dealer quoted 150$ to inspect the leak + repair charges extra.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
You need to pull the inside cover off and inspect the switch and latch assembly for damage. The switch is in the latch assembly.
Who did the estimate? Insurance Company? I would have a couple estimates done by reliable shops noting all damage and problems before accepting the Insurance offer.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
William Wiles said:
You need to pull the inside cover off and inspect the switch and latch assembly for damage. The switch is in the latch assembly.
Who did the estimate? Insurance Company? I would have a couple estimates done by reliable shops noting all damage and problems before accepting the Insurance offer.
I used one of the "recommended" companies by IDS insurance which is my own insurance carrier. The other party insurance company has admitted liability.

IDS sent me the check days after I took the van to the shop for estimates

1 - 4 of 4 Posts