Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Odyssey EX with 71,000 miles. I was scared to death the transmission was going out in it. The van was shifting extremely hard into 2nd and shudding under a load up hills. I dropped it off at Honda last night, and they just called me. The transmission is fine, one of the hydraulic motor mounts was broken. I have never been happier about an almost 400 dollar motor mount!

·
Registered
5 Posts
DITTO!!!!!!! My 2006 Touring with 64000 miles started having the same problem off idle and typically around 40MPH and between 15-2000 RPM. It really concerned me as I was accelerating onto the interstate and had a bad shake about 60 MPH that has never happened before. Dealer replaced the rear engine mount.
Smooth as butter again and glad I purchased the Honda extended warranty. It has almost payed for itself in one shot.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't purchase the extended warranty. I wish I would have now, but considering this is the first actual problem I have had with the Odyssey, no complaints here.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
At least you got 71K miles before you had to change the mount. We have a '06 EXL also and we changed ours after 8K. Hopefully that's the only problem that you have.

·
Registered
606 Posts
me too

I just had my ex-l mount changed at 55k, just barely in the 60k warranty! (see dealer comments post). There is a slightly different part number, hopefully the new part is improved? :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts