Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey I have multiple misfires all the way to 300 to 306 I found spark plugs coil pack adjust the valves and still running like it's misfiring but this only happens in the morning when the engine is cold but when I accelerate it runs like a champ it still has full power only when I'm in a complete stop it starts misfiring please help any info would be great

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you replaced plugs and coils, did you replace with OEM? Hitachi coils, NGK plugs?
Since it idles rough when cold and at idle, do a coil-drop test to identify the bad/failing cylinder(s).
When I had misfires I pulled a replacement and spare coil from my local u-pick yard. Dropped in the replacement coil and my problem was fixed. Verified that my spare was good before leaving the yard.
If coils/plugs are not the problem, move on to the next step to diagnose.
On the other thread you posted, did you read through the posts? Their fix/my fix may not be your fix. But the steps to fix do apply.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I doubt you have multiple misfires, at most 2 and probably only one. You can't rely on the codes for these. Do a coil drop test at idle and this should Id your bad coil. Sometimes it is not that easy to ID, but if it consistently idles bad, it should be easy to ID. It is a common occurrence with higher mileage Odys. Using an OEM coil pack or Advanced Auto sells what appears to be an OEM pack has worked for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys I will try it my old coil packs were fine they were in crack I just changed it on because they recommended but still did not fix the idling problem spark plugs yes they NGk case sorry if I cannot post this correctly it's my first time in this chat room

·
Registered
565 Posts
I prefer to test and verify a bad part, not to just throw new parts at the problem!
Do a coil drop test to identify which cylinder(s) have the problem. Lots of videos on how to do this, several here on the forum. When you find a bad cylinder, swap a coil pack in and test that cylinder again. If no change, the coil you put in could be a bad suspect, try another. When it's good move on to the next cylinder.
If after testing the coils it's still rough idle, clear the codes and do a test drive. Report the results and we'll move on from there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts