Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Goodyear Assurance Weatheready. Got mine at Sam's Club out the door for $650 and so far they are great. You will get a feeling of confidence in the wet/snow. They are pretty quiet and and are not showing any wear patterns after a year. These tires have the 'mountain snowflake' marking for all-season tires that have tested out to be better in the kind of winter weather you're most likely to be driving in. If its 10" of dry powder or an ice storm, you're not going anywhere anyway.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just wanted to post an update. Last weekend I had the new Sumitomo HTR A/S P03s installed on our Odyssey. The new P03s are just as good if not better than the P02s I have on my Audi and the Falken Pro G4s we had on it before. The best part of it all is that I was able to get all four new tires installed at Big-O, with 3 year road hazard warranty and lifetime rotation & balancing for $593.63 OTD :D. For people in other parts of the country that price included our high 8.75% sales tax.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You won't regret it.
I just purchased the Michelin crossclimate 2 from tire rack and will get them installed later this week or next week. I have a 1500 mile road trip coming up. The $70 rebate ends tomorrow.
bkh, limfu, do you get the humming sound I’ve read on the reviews of the Michelin cross climate 2? If so, is it pretty mild/ in the background or worse than that? I’m about to get them I think if the humming is pretty minor in the odyssey

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello, no noises at all. They are quiet and smooth. Great traction in wet and dry. Have out over 3k miles in so far. Mine are on my 2014 touring.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hello, no noises at all. They are quiet and smooth. Great traction in wet and dry. Have out over 3k miles in so far. Mine are on my 2014 touring.
did you get the car or suv version of the Crossclimate 2? There are two kinds of them. Tirerack tested thes suv version and mentioned the one negative is a constant growl at all speeds

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
did you get the car or suv version of the Crossclimate 2? There are two kinds of them. Tirerack tested thes suv version and mentioned the one negative is a constant growl at all speeds
I'm at Hayden & Indian Bend. We could meet at the Pavilions if you wanted to drive mine with Continental TruContact Touring tires on the 101.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got the H speed rated ones, not the V speed rated. Not sure which is for SUV. There is a specific SUV version but it looks like it is designed for Mercedes Benz.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm at Hayden & Indian Bend. We could meet at the Pavilions if you wanted to drive mine with Continental TruContact Touring tires on the 101.
thanks for offering that! I’m way down by the gateway airport with small kids so it’s not easy or often I get up that way. Think I’m close to getting these tires done

·
Registered
211 Posts
I put on pirelli scorpion verde all season plus ii, after all the back and forth. I’m liking them way better after 15 Miles on it. Seem like good fit for me with initial impression: quiet, good handling, taking bumps well. The body isn’t yawing anymore when the turning the wheel, like with the old ltx tires..

·
Registered
57 Posts
bkh, limfu, do you get the humming sound I’ve read on the reviews of the Michelin cross climate 2? If so, is it pretty mild/ in the background or worse than that? I’m about to get them I think if the humming is pretty minor in the odyssey
I dont hear any of that. Riding on a 2014 EX-L with 18" Aftermarket rims and stock suspension. Best tires I've ever had.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone offer assistance? I need new tires - we are in Ohio, which can be wet, with a few days of snow/ice per year. I have never ever picked the right tires, as I always feel so unsure on wet, snow, or icy days (beyond what should be "normal" unsuredness in unusual weather). My husband does not love driving my car in those conditions, either, just in case you think the problem might be my driving, ha ha! I usually go to either the dealer or a tire store (one time Walmart) for tires, if that helps.

I would appreciate ALL input, really. I would like to feel a little safer driving in wet/cold weather. Thank so much!
We’ve had good results with Michelin Defenders. Long life, good ride, quiet.
Yokohama was the last tires we had before
this and they were terribly noisy. I wished for the day they wore out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone offer assistance? I need new tires - we are in Ohio, which can be wet, with a few days of snow/ice per year. I have never ever picked the right tires, as I always feel so unsure on wet, snow, or icy days (beyond what should be "normal" unsuredness in unusual weather). My husband does not love driving my car in those conditions, either, just in case you think the problem might be my driving, ha ha! I usually go to either the dealer or a tire store (one time Walmart) for tires, if that helps.

I would appreciate ALL input, really. I would like to feel a little safer driving in wet/cold weather. Thank so much!
I have good results with continental true contact touring, great in winter and rain but not as quite as original Michelin mxv4. Do not buy Michelin defender Ltx they make your van feel like a truck, not designed for minivans. Michelin also makes MXM4 which would be my next choice!

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Odyssey Touring, 2018 Volvo V60
79 Posts
I have the quatrac 5 on my car (Volvo V60 AWD wagon). Odyssey tires are due soon and thinking of the CrossClimate 2 or Nokian WR G4.

Any feedback from the CrossClimate 2 owners in the snow? Anyone have the Nokians and can comment on those?

I'm in the Chicago area, so the 3pmsf tires are top of the list.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm in chicagoland as well, I have Michelin defenders LTX M/S.

I don't have many complaints with them except that the ride is pretty harsh and truck like.

have a minimal amount of dry rot at 4 yrs old.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the quatrac 5 on my car (Volvo V60 AWD wagon). Odyssey tires are due soon and thinking of the CrossClimate 2 or Nokian WR G4.

Any feedback from the CrossClimate 2 owners in the snow? Anyone have the Nokians and can comment on those?

I'm in the Chicago area, so the 3pmsf tires are top of the list.
I have the nokian WRG4 on two cars, so so on dry roads, subpar in the rain and hydroplan a little, as for snowy / icy roads actually done quite well for both FWD and AWD. How do you like the Quatrac 5 on dry/wet/snowy conditions? We were in our friend's wagon twice to vermont, well composed with predictable handling.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts