Honda Odyssey Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Odyssey Touring, 2018 Volvo V60
95 Posts
I have the nokian WRG4 on two cars, so so on dry roads, subpar in the rain and hydroplan a little, as for snowy / icy roads actually done quite well for both FWD and AWD. How do you like the Quatrac 5 on dry/wet/snowy conditions? We were in our friend's wagon twice to vermont, well composed with predictable handling.
Disappointing to hear the review in the rain/wet for the Nokians. Maybe I'll look at the Michelin CrossClimate 2 which they have at costco instead.

I like the Quatrac 5 on my AWD Volvo wagon. Sidewall is a little softer than my OEM continentals so handling is not quite as sharp, but still good enough for me since I'm out of my boy-racer days and it also helps absorb the bumps. Noise is fine. I've had no issues with it in the wet, although the comparison was some unevenly worn OEM tires. I've found it does pretty well in the snow, slips a bit in the ice. Still better than my OEMs and far better than my Odyssey's Michelin Primacy tires. Definitely not a high performance tire, but very good all season/weather.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Disappointing to hear the review in the rain/wet for the Nokians. Maybe I'll look at the Michelin CrossClimate 2 which they have at costco instead.

I like the Quatrac 5 on my AWD Volvo wagon. Sidewall is a little softer than my OEM continentals so handling is not quite as sharp, but still good enough for me since I'm out of my boy-racer days and it also helps absorb the bumps. Noise is fine. I've had no issues with it in the wet, although the comparison was some unevenly worn OEM tires. I've found it does pretty well in the snow, slips a bit in the ice. Still better than my OEMs and far better than my Odyssey's Michelin Primacy tires. Definitely not a high performance tire, but very good all season/weather.
Personally I was hoping the WRG4 would perform as well as all the positive reviews from WRG3, that wasn't the case. I also outgrown my go fast live and die by 1/4 mile go big or go home days. Frankly not in any rush going anywhere anymore. Every once in a while still want to push how well the struts handling the corners (not with the Ody of course)....

Thanks for the feedback on the Quat 5. I had Conti DWS before, they were ok several years back, but in ice/snow is subpar in my book. Probably will stick with the WRG4 until they wear out, then look for something else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just had Vredestein Quatrac Pros put on yesterday. It's too early, of course, to state good, bad, or indifferent, but the reviews for the tire were overwhelmingly good (only one for an Odyssey that I saw, however):

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Vredestein&tireModel=Quatrac+Pro
totally second vredestin Q-trac tires, they surpassed our expectation on dry/wet/light snow coating conditions for NE!
993Targa and SimonUA

After a few more months of riding, how well still enjoying the Vredestin Quatrac Pros? Still recommended, any hesitations?

Any challenges finding location that was amicable to put them on?

Much thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
FYI: After a winter of unusual amounts of snow here in Central OH-IO, I have to give a major thumbs up to our Sumitomo's. We have two on the front of the '16 EXL and four on my '07 Avalon XLS. Our court in front of the house claimed eight confirmed "kills" this winter trapping delivery trucks over about 4 days. At one point we had two trucks and one retrieval truck all stuck at the same time, hope in either the Odyssey or the Avalon and zoom right past them. I was very impressed with their winter weather behavior.

Best tires I've ever owned? Certainly not. Best tire for the money, absolute-freakin-loutely! I can't believe how little I paid for these tires in comparison to other brands that did not perform nearly as well. Just my experience and $0.02. And full disclosure we don't know how long these will end up lasting so time will tell but so far so good.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts