Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just washed the van and it was pain in the ass.
How do you guys dry the top of the van?
Washing was no problem because I had the Swiffer thing and put the washing glove on it.
When I dried it I opened the sliding door and steped on it but couldn't reach all the way back.
It looks more difficult to wax it.
How do you guys wax the van?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Well, I'm 6'1" and this is the first vehicle I've had that I can't reach the middle of the top, so I just gave up stretching and decided to keep a stepladder nearby. For just drying, I've been experimenting with using a leaf blower to blow the water off the top. It works fairly well, but not perfectly, and is a noisy pain in the butt.

------------------
Chuck
CLICK HERE FOR ODY PICS & PROJECTS

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
I have a garden stool that I use. For drying duties I use a California water blade and my fake chamois.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
59 Posts
A step ladder works well. I just need to make sure I don't lean over too far and scratch the paint with my belt buckle.

------------------
Warren - '01 GG EX

·
Registered
200 Posts
Being only 5'5" I have to use a step ladder to reach the center of the roof of almost any vehicle
. I also try to wear elastic band shorts to remove the potential scratch from a snap or belt. I can reach the center of the roof from the step ladder and do that for drying and waxing.

I don't stand in the door opening for two reasons:

1. My shoes are usually wet and dirty.
2. I can't reach very far into the center of the roof.

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

·
Registered
57 Posts
As a long time owner of vans and SUV's going back to 1988, I just don't worry about washing the roof. I just spray it off and leave it at that.

And this from someone who is often called a**l about his cars.

Jim

·
Registered
34 Posts
yea you might want to use a step ladder it works great and to get the top water off why dont you just drive it around the block a couple of times that might help

------------------
*~ BaSsNeT42 ~*
*~ 01'OdY. ~*
*~ Tw-Ex ~*

·
Registered
34 Posts
ohhh i forgot to let you know that waxing it is a bear. it took me amd my father about an hour and a half to two hours to wash, wax, and detail the van good luck to you. i thought i might want to add that you might want to do it in the shade it amkes it eaiser to put it on and take it off

------------------
*~ BaSsNeT42 ~*
*~ 01'OdY. ~*
*~ Tw-Ex ~*

·
Registered
2014 Acura RDX
76 Posts
At 6'2", I am just tall enough to be able to reach most of the roof by standing in the open rear door well. I get the rearmost part of the roof by standing on the rear bumper.

I first tried a ladder, but found that for me it was a significant pain; I had to lean rather a lot because of the curve of the vehicle from the base to the roof.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen.
C: the power of assembler, with the flexibility of assembler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts