·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
x any comments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Definitely agree on that issue. Too bad they took a step back on the style. They are just not as sporty.

------------------
2002 Starlight Silver EXL-RES

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I already bought some 2001 five-spoke take-off wheels. I plan to make one a "real" spare and will mount some tires more performance oriented than the OEM Michelin Symmetries on the on the other four.

------------------
2002 TW EX; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's; Hella Supertone Horns.
2000 Honda CBR 929 RR

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah, I like the pre '02 a little better, but both are pretty nice compared to some of the truly ugly factory alloys I've seen! I am going with aftermarket wheels, so it won't really matter to me anyway.
By the way, isn't the '02 Ody really still a 2nd gen.? Usually a different generation refers to a different body style etc.

------------------
RRP EX Navi on the way-finally!
Forget world peace-visualize using your turn signal!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sinbad:
I already bought some 2001 five-spoke take-off wheels. I plan to make one a "real" spare .

</font>
Ok, where are you going to carry the full size spare?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Sinbad, go for the "roof mount", then we can list your job on the "mods" forum, Hee! Hee! Your approval could be just the thing that is needed to start a new "in thing".....

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
596 Posts
If not the "roof mount", you could adopt my original idea and mount it on the outside of the rear hatch with a couple of big long lag screws. Remember the "continental kits" of the 50s? You could be "cool". I guess these days they would call you "da man"....

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like a 5 spoke wheel and was initially disappointed in the pictures I saw of the ’02 EX wheels. Now that I have them and see them every day, I have grown to like them also. They look good; the way the spokes wrap around (I think the older ones have a flatter profile) and hug the front & rear disk brakes, and let you see a bit more of these mechanisms behind the wheel. I’m curious how many of the nay sayers have only seen them in pictures?

How about the 16” Machine Finish wheels http://www.handa-accessories.com/odyssey/odyw.jpg Honda offers for the Odyssey. Any takers?
------------------------------------------------------------------
’86 Civic – gone
, but not forgotten
’90 4Runner – great, but lacking for a family of 5
’02 GG Odyssey EX-L-RES – hello, my new best friend

tnuckels

·
Registered
251 Posts
I also have been saying that the pre 02 5 spoke look better. I just think the 02s look downmarket. The 5 spokes are so much more sporty.

Now that you mention it porschetr, I do like our old all red tails better, on some colours anyway. The new amber ones look good with TW, MB and EP though.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I plan to mount the spare either on the roof, or on the bolt hole on the edge of the rear cargo well, which is provided for temp mounting of a flat tire.

Hey! The continental kit idea is not half bad -- maybe back-lit with neon for a subtle accent?

------------------
2002 TW EX; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's; Hella Supertone Horns; Hitch w/ Transmission & Power Steering Coolers; 2001 Five-spoke Alloy Wheels.
2000 Honda CBR 929 RR

·
Registered
329 Posts
I own an '02 and my parents own a 2000 Ody.

I prefer the older 5 spoke to the new 7 spoke, but it really doesn't bother me too much.

As for the amber tail lights and the new big "H" on the grill.....I love them!

·
Registered
32 Posts
A couple months ago I mentioned in one of these forums how I thought Honda had ruined the wheels on the 2002s. However, now that I own a 2002 and have compared it side by side to a 2001, I think the 2002 Wheels are much more classy. I'm also curious how many of you that don't like them have actually seen them in person.

[This message has been edited by bt (edited 10-15-2001).]

·
Registered
234 Posts
I like the new wheels.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts